Sign in to follow this  
Guest ntsmith

Can you vary the SID/STAR and fuel

Guest ntsmith

It seems very unrealistic that it is 16.6 or thereabouts for the fuels loaded and even more to be told that you aer flying out of an American airport when you are in the UK. Perhaps the FA could bring another very strong cup of coffe for some one.Is it possible to modify these both quickly and easily.Kind regardsNigel Thomas-Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Hello Nigel,I wanted to do what you said, but the problem comes down to recording a separate .wav file for each possible fuel quantity.That's a lot of .wavs for something that's pretty minor.For the next version of FS2Crew (the ATR version) I devised a method that get's around this and it works quite well.

Guest MightyMatt76

hi bryan,haha, i really need to get cracking on learning the ATR.... what other new features have you come up with that you can safely share with us?where to start in almost a 500 page ATR manual is my biggest issue at the moment, hahaha......

Hi,The FS2Crew version of the ATR is quite different in terms of operation than the 737 version of FS2Crew.Everything I've learned so far is getting put into the ATR version, plus a lot of user suggestions, and it will feature A LOT of enhancements designed to make it easier to use and even more realistic.The big goals of the ATR version are:1. To increase the immersion and lower the learning curve at the same time. That has been achieved. I devised a unique system that will help ensure you don't get thrown off track. You'll still have to learn the Captain's part in the "role-play" but this will make it considerably easier. 2. Deeper immersion. The ATR version of FS2Crew is modelling one specific European airline's procedures right down to the last detail. Compared to the 737 version, there is a lot more talking between the pilots. 3. Ease of use. Huge advancements here. A radical new way of dealing with sound has been devised, meaning I can do a lot more things. The interface is also a lot easier. No more playing "mouse piano."I currently have an operational version of the FS2Crew ATR version on my computer and you can do a complete flight. I just have to add all the other goodies.I'll be making an annoucement hopefully within the next few weeks outlining exactly what has been done. I'm keeping it as a secret for now, but I guarantee you that you will be impressed.It really changes the way you fly the Flight1 ATR.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Lobaeux4

Wow, this really sounds fantastic Bryan!!

Wow, I'm speechless. Hearing all that makes the ATR version the one addon I'm most looking forward to.

Guest duncan

Oh hecknow it looks like I am going to have to buy the ATR as well!!! Looking forward to this BryanThanks for all your hard workDuncan

BTW, Bryan, would it be possible to reveal the name of the airline whose procedures you will be using?

Hello Kyle,It's a European based airline. I'll ask if we can disclose their name. It doesn't make much difference to the simulation though; the procedures are what counts, and they are beeing modelled 100 percent.Procedures from airline to airline for the same plane can vary quite bit. There are a million ways to skin a cat I suppose.(Don't worry I'll make the necessary changes so you also fly it realistically in the States... kgs to lbs, etc).Cheers,Bryan

Guest skyhog

How you can make a guy's mouth water. Just got the ATR a coupleof weeks ago and can sure some help from the FO. What a greatprogram. Thanks Bryan.Cheers