Sign in to follow this  
byork

Using FS2Crew with SB3 and FSINN.. IMPORTANT INFO!!!

Hello all,Squawkbox 3 Users:In the SB3 Options menu, change the Hotkey assignment for the button that opens the Text Window in SB3. By default it's set to 'Tab'.You need to change that to another key (I use the forward slash key '').FS2Crew uses the Tab key for the MCP Increase/Decrease Speed Fast PMDG commands. If you don't change the SB3 assignment as mentioned above, the FO will not be able to properly set the MCP Speed on Monitored Approaches and ICAO A and ICAO B FLCH departures.After making that change, SB3 will work 100 percent with FS2Crew.FSINN:I'm still working with the Developers of FSINN to sort the keyboard conflict. For some reason FSINN doesn't like it when FS2Crew makes a keypress involving the "CTRL" key. It causes their Control Panel to open. This issue will be solved very soon. All the best,Bryan York

Hi,Thanks for the info ! I'm particularly interested in that fix between FSInn and FS2Crew :)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Yeah they may be busy developing ATCinn but they are not also very interested in the FS market.. :-violin I hope you'll manage.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Bryan, sorry to be a pest but that in fact is backslash, not the forward slash.Whatever,Thanks for a wonderful product again,Dom

Guest PeterC

Hi BryanI've just completed my first flight on-line with VATSIM and SB3 using FS2Crew. It certainly enhances the experience.One problem I had (only a minor one)is that the default position where all the windows appear coincides with the green scrolling messages. You cannot click on the window where the green line appears - my coffee was late!! I know you can drag the window down but if there are continuous messages you have to wait for a gap. When the next window is selected you have to repeat the dragging.Is it possible in a future update to have the default position lowered a little?Best wishes Peter

Hello Peter,That's the problem with running a million programs at once I'm afraid!The amount of avaialble real-estate on the screen is not all that great.If you want to change the default position of the FS2Crew Panels just go into the panel.cfg file for the aircraft you're using (PMDG or default 737), and change the value for "Position":0 = top left1 = top middle 2 = top right3 = middle leftand so on.In the PMDG 7/800 panel.cfg, for example, if you want to change the default position of the Taxi Page, you'd just find the Window entry for Taxi, which is 23, and make the simple change.Be sure to back up your panel.cfg first before doing any surgery on it.[Window23]nomenu=1position=2 <-- You only need to change this line.size_mm=164, 174window_size= 0.160, 0.227visible=1ident=7060Cheers,Bryan

Guest PeterC

Hi BryanThank you for the info. I tried it using position 3 middle left. It does cover the panel icons(for choosing various panels)but it is easy to drag up as you do not have to wait for any SB messages to finish before dragging.Still a thought for any future update it would be nice to make it 2/3 up on the left or right to avoid having to drag. Most/many(?) of us are on-line fliers I think. As I said it is a very minor problem.Once again many thanks for your helpBest wishesPeter