Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Sound Clipping Issue Identified

Brian:Could've sworn I already posted this message... oh well!!I believe I've discovered the cause of the FA, ground grew sound clipping issue. It appears to be caused by running at 1600x1200 resolution. I have been able to repeatably get the clipping by running 1600x1200 and repeatably run successfully by running at 1360x1024. I did quite a few tests to confirm that the resolution setting was the cause. (My testing was only done in full screen mode.)So, I think I've found the cause of the issue, and I'll let you investigate from here. Actually, I'm happy running at 1360x1024, so I'm not too concerned anymore.RegardsJames

Hi Bryan,James is not the only one with this problem, I use 1600x1200 too and have the same issue with these sounds. Turning the onboard sound off and back on didn't work. I haven't tried his suggestion and to be honest, I rather hope you can resolve the problem without reducing to a lower resolution.Another weird thing I have since about two weeks is that during pushback the turn to right or left doesn't work anymore. I did a complete uninstall/reinstall but without luck.

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Hello Arthur,Send me an email at admin@fs2crew.comI'm pretty sure the issue stems from the fact that some computers don't like it when you open a panel and play a sound at the exact same time.Why operating at a very high resolution would cause has got me.I've just coded in a small delay between the time certain Pages open and the time the associated sound plays. That should resolve it.I need people with sound issues to test what I've done because I can't reproduce this on my system.Again, pls email me. (That goes for everyone with this sound clipping problem).As for the pushback: Did you change any of the FS2004 keyboard assignments. I don't see how it could just "die" on you!-Bryan

Arthur:Hello! I noticed in your sig that you have an ATI X800 Pro. I have one as well and since installing it a few weeks ago, I have had a few graphics problem with the PMDG 737 at 1280x1024. I wonder if the sound problems that you're having has something to do with the X800.I will set my resolution to 1600x1200 and see what happens. I'll get back to you.James:What video card do you have?Regards,Murray

Hello Murray,I have that card a few weeks now and fortunately it works in my PC without problems. My previous card was the ATI 9800Pro with 128Mb, also very good, but this one runs FS in the 1600x1200 resolution with more ease.I have had these missing sound problems from the start of FS2Crew. I don't know if its an "ATI thing", but I do know now that Bryan is close to a fix.Did you install the latest drivers from ATI (Catalyst 4.12)? And did you use the cat-uninstaller.exe program before that?Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Hi Bryan,Yes, I did. I send you an email last night with the outcome of the two test flights I made. Didn't you get it?In short, thanks to your quick recoding actions I hear most sounds, however not all.Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

Hi Bryan,Yep, the new file has arrived at my home email. Thanks. Tonight I will do some more testing and inform you through your email asap.Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

>Hello Murray,>>Did you install the latest drivers from ATI (Catalyst 4.12)?>And did you use the cat-uninstaller.exe program before that?>>Cheers,>Yes... to both questions Arthur. Thank you.I just tested things at 1600x1200 and had no sound issues. So it appears that is is not strickly the X800.I read the other posts to you from Bryan. I hope he finds a cure for your sound problems.

Guest skyhog

I have sound problems when I get a FPS hit. Usually when in heavy clouds. I installed some freeware cloud sets to replacefs9 sets and I don't get the FPS hit like I did. My systemwon,t handle the 3D cockpit very good so I always use the 2D.Need more cash. lol

Hello Murray,Thanks! The good news is that Bryan certainly found a cure by making adjustments in the timing of the panel showing and the sounds that come with it. Most panels now work as advertised on my PC. I will test his latest beta asap and hopefully the few remaining problems will be solved then.Cheers,

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

That's right, Arthur only has two sounds now that get clipped and the latest beta I sent him a few hours ago should correct it.If it's ok, I can release SR-2 to the public.Why only a few users running in high resolutions have this sound problem is still ultimately a mystery to me... The problem was fixed by ensuring that panels don't open the same time sounds are played.Any Hardware/Sound Card guru's have any insight? -Bryan