Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

VNAV not selected after takeoff

Hi,What is the exact procedure after takeoff when I'm (as the captain) doing the takeoff when it comes to pressing the 'F' key for flaps retraction?Reason I ask is because on my last flights when pressing the 'F' key which should also cause VNAV to be selected (I do hear myself saying VNAV), VNAV never gets selected and then I have to press the VNAV button myself after pressing the AP button. As I recall, I didn't have this problem before and I can't see I'm doing anything different. And also, is it important if I press the AP (Autopilot) button before or after pressing the 'F' key, maybe this could be the reason to my problem...will try pressing the AP BEFORE I press the 'F' key on my next flight and see if it makes any difference.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Hello Richard,Take a look in the Manuals (especially the Tutorials manual).If you hear the Capt say "VNAV" and VNAV does not engage on your MCP, it's probably because either you set up your FMC incorrectly, or you're too close to the Altitude set in the Altitude Window in your MCP for VNAV to engage.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Have read the tutorial numerous times and I'm doing exactly what it says and I'm positive I've set up the FMC correctly and that I'm not too close to the altitude set in the alt window (have flown PMDG's a/c for more than a year...)Well...guess I have to dig a bit deeper into this to find out where I go wrong.Thanks anyway for your reply Bryan, enjoy your evening! Here it's finally bedtime after a LONG 5 hours flight from LGRP-GCFV :-)Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

That shouldn't be the problem because when pressing the VNAV button on the t/o page later on, that works just fine.Will do some more investigation tomorrow.Thanks,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Bryan,Did another try now and made sure pressing MCP speed once to command V2+20, then calling for LNAV passing 400 feet and VNAV passing 1000 feet and this time it worked flawlessy. Really don't know where I went wrong before, wonder if it could be that I didn't command V2+20?Either way, I'm happy everything works just fine again :-) Have said it before but will say it again, FS2Crew is really a wonderful add-on and especially now when you start getting comfortable with it and all it's flows and checklists after numerous flights using it. Thanks alot Bryan for raising the realism/fun bar for us with FS2Crew!!Cheers,

Richard Åsberg