Sign in to follow this  
Guest munkeh

Voice Sets

Guest munkeh

Great product, thanks for all your hard work!I thought the product came with different voice sets (i.e. American and English (UK)?I want the CA and FO to have UK accents, how do you change this setting?

A great disappointment Bryan, I guess I should have read the fine print more carefully as the main reason I bought this product was to have Australian flight crew accents - the USA just dominates so much in this hobby of ours. American accents on the flight deck of a Qantas 737-800 just destroys the realism that this product promised - sorry but that is the truth.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hello Bruce,Recording a Captain/FO voice set for all the major world accents would great. I wish I could do it. But I'm afraid it's not very practical without significantly boosting the price of the program, which is something I don't want to do. If you want Australian Capt/FO accents, you can always re-record over the existing wav files. It would take quite a bit of work, but it's more than possible.In fact, I'll make that offer to any world region. If you want to re-record the Captains and FO's voices with your region's accent, I'll be happy to host the files. Just ensure you don't change the file names. Email me for me info on what you'd need to do.All the best,Bryan

Unfortunately, the initial publicity for FS2Crew regarding regional accents didn

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hello Bruce,I'm glad you think FS2Crew succeeds brilliantly (albeit with the caveat that you fly in the US).I just added a pinned thread seeking volunteers to re-record the Captain's and FO's and FA's dialogue for various world accents.Perhaps you can help round up some Aussie volunteers?-Bryan

Thank you Bryan for this excellent suggestion - I think it would be a significant enhancement if there were a range of flight deck accents and I am happy to volunteer my own services and to seek out other Aussies who may like to assist. Not sure if I have the skills or equipment but happy to do what I can.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

At the moment I don't have a microphone and as you say the ability to sound natural will be the hard bit. Alternatively I have a cross country skiing mate who is a former Flight Service Officer (a type of Air Traffic Controller for GA aircraft), I'm sure he would be very good.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett