Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

CTD problem after adding keyboard assignments

Hi,Have a very strange and frustrating problem I hope someone can help me solve. Can mention that I have reinstalled my whole PC but now when installing all programs over again the problem is back as well. But at least this time, I know exactly what's causing the problem but unfortunately not how to solve it.What happens is that after adding the PMDG keyboard assignments for MCP Increase Speed Fast (TAB+Q) and MCP Decrease Speed Fast (TAB+W) as stated in the documentation for FS2Crew, FS9 craches with a fatal error in a module called PMDG_737NG_Main.gau right after the progress bar for loading the flight reaches 100% and I only see the a/c main panel for a split second before the screen goes blank and then I get the FS9 fatal error a couple of seconds later and a question if I would like to send an error report to MS and if I would like to restart FS9.I can get rid of the problem in three different ways but none of them are a real solution to the problem.1. Remove the PMDG keyboard assignments described above2. Disable my CH yoke and pedals by setting them in 'Off' mode using CH Control Manager3. Remove FS9.CFGAs far as I can tell, there seem to be some kind of keyboard assignments collision but I haven't been able to find any other functions assigned to TAB+Q and TAB+W and therefor I have trouble seeing where the collision would be. Another thing that's strange is that if I re-enable my CH yoke and pedals AFTER the flight has loaded everything works fine which makes me belive the problem is in some kind of initialization process done either by PMDG or FS2Crew where a check of all keyboard/joystick assignments is performed.Anyone else also using the combination PMDG-FS2Crew-CH yoke and pedals seen this problem and found out how to solve it?Would very much appreciate any help since this problem is really starting to drive me nuts!!Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Åsberg

Just for everyone's information I finally managed to find the real culprit for my problem. There seem to be a limitation of how many PMDG assignments you can have when you at the same time are using a CH yoke and pedals. I removed two other assignments from the PMDG keyboard assignments list (the default commands for adjusting the bank limiter) and that worked equally well as removing the two newly added assignments required by FS2Crew and I can live with that even though it of course would be nice to solve the limitation in itself instead if possible, but that is something for PMDG to look into as I see it.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg