Sign in to follow this  
cgioldy

A couple of Questions....

First of all I have to say that I love what I've seen so far with FS2Crew, but I do have a couple of questions. I am posting the following picture to help with these questions.1) How can I load my aircraft and not have all those windows pop-up. Is there a way to have my screen blank of windows, and just call them up as I need them from CPAL? It's kind of annoying to have to close every single window and start from there, unless of course there is an easier way to do it and I just don't know.2) There is a small square black box on the left side, that doesn't seem to have anything. I can click and move it around and I can even close it, but I have no clue what this is. Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/102442.jpg

Hello Costas,Be sure to take a look at the manuals when you have a free moment. It's all described there in detail.You need to load the Cessna then shut everything down as per the manual.Or if you don't want to do that (but it is recommended as it will ensure that your engines are shut down), you can simply left click on the 'BATT' text on the Termination Page. That will also close all the visible pages.All the best,Bryan

Hi Bryan,FYI I have followed the instructions per the manual. As you can see from the picture the PMDG was loaded cold and dark. Also, any idea what that black box is for?One more question. I have the PMDG upgrade to 800/900, and I purchased the FS2Crew that says that I have the upgrade. My understanding was that I could use FS2Crew on my 600/700 models also, but I can't. What's the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong?Thanks for your help,

Hello Costas,1. You must be skipping a step or something. Load the default Cessna, pull the mixture to idle, kill the master and turn off the mags. Do not turn off the Avionics master switch. Once the Cessna is shut down, then and only then should you load the PMDG.2. The black box is for the altimeter sounds.3. A service update will be released very soon that will allow you to use your exisitn 600/700 models with your 800/900 upgrade edition. There are sigificant differences between the PMDG 800/900 Upgrade and the Non 800/900 Upgrade version which is why seperate FS2Crew versions are required.Best,Bryan

Bryan,1) Do I have to always load the Cessna first and then PMDG or can I save the configuration and start the PMDG directly, because I have been loading the saved configuration. 2) Does the black box ever disappear?Thanks for the help,

Hello Costas,You should always load the Cessna first as per the manual. It ensures you won't have the problems you're describing.I recommend against use saved configuration files. Loading the Cessna only takes a few extra seconds.The black box should disappear if you do as described above.It's really important that the FS2Crew manual be followed exactly, especially once you start getting into the more advanced stuff like Monitored Approach procedures.All the best,Bran