Sign in to follow this  
N4865G

FO spanking me for taxi speed

..when I only taxi at 21 knots ground speed.It is totally acceptable to taxi at speeds below 30 knots, slowing down to 15 prior to making a turn.Is this hard coded into the program or can we change it somehow?Thanks,Dom

Hello Don,Yes, it's hardcoded (and airline/pilot specific). 30 knots is pretty fast though... don't you worry about your virtual tires getting a little hot if you have a long trip to the rwy? Hehehehe.In a future upgrade, I may code it so that the FO calls the taxi speed at a much lower speed if you're on a non-dry surface.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Bryan,The speed of 30 knots is pretty standard out there in the real world of taxiing, LOLBestDom

Guest captbulldog 2

30 is pretty fast. 15 is definitely fast for turns.

Guest skid_man

Westjet(Canada) policy regarding taxi speed is 25 kts maximum on straight taxiways and 10 knots in the turns.