Sign in to follow this  
Guest kloker

FS2Crew and Radar Contact

Guest kloker

Does FS2Crew work with Radar Contact? Seems to me it would, but has anybody tried?Thanks,keith

Guest rugerdog

Yes, I wanted to know the same thing - how everything works with Radar Contact.

Guest United

I have flown my PMDG 800's with FS2Crew + RC3.1 and it works just fine. RC is only incompletely capable of co-piloting a PMDG plane, but I simply do not use RC's copiloting functions at all (well, except for enroute communications) and stick to RCs ATC functions. I have not yet found a hotkey conflict either between the two. It's a nice combo! Incidentally, I have also added FSHotSeatSX (www.fshotseat.com) lite version with FS2Crew and RC3.1, works fine....again, so far no hotkey conflicts!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest kloker

Randy,Thanks for the info. I, too, no longer use the RC3 co-pilot because of the autopilot issue. That sure was a handy feature, but I like the FMC more.I just bought FS2Crew, but haven't had time to work with it, yet. My one big problem is not really having the time to do a long flight, so most are short hops, say less than 300 miles. I know this thing's gonna add mucho time to the flight.However, ain't it great to get a new toy!keith2W6

Guest United

of time, you can shorten the initial 20 min. to departure time. Of course, who want to sent up a whole flight for just 150 miles. Barely up when you have to come down, so I do understand that!Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi,Yes, I've been using RC 3.1 with no problems, EXCEPT one must be careful not to use VNAV, as it may conflict with ATC instructions and... you'll get an earful from the FAA agent upon arrival!Happy flying!

Hello,I am a dedicated fan of RC 3.1 and I am happy to hear that RC 3.1 works fine together with FS2Crew. After installing FS2Crew, I tried to combine both fantastic add-ons, but I have still some questions to more experienced users.In which stage should RC best be initiated? It seems to me that this should be done in a very early stage, because you need some data coming from RC (such as altimeter value form the Wx briefing and transponder code from Clearance) as input for FS2Crew. But by asking RC this weather briefing, it keeps repeating it all the time. Switching to clearance, messages for other A/C are transmitted. These messages make it very difficult, not to say impossible, to understand FS2Crew voices.Has anyone inputs on this? How to lower RC voice volume and to make FS2Crew messages more understandable?Thanks on beforehand for your replies,And Happy Newyear!!Luc Ballet,Hasselt, Belgium.