Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

DF737

Guest Van

The wing rocking you describe is as old as the DF package itself. Unfortunately using LNAV especially above FL200 will cause this. I've read dozens of threads on various sites about this issue and even though some people have said it's a speed and load issue this is not the case as many including myself have tried numerous load and speed combinations and it still happens. A DF member had said it's an autopilot probelm while on LNAV the plane hunts between a heading for example of 250 and 251 when the actual heading may be 250.5 the autopliots LNAV will keep correcting turning back and forth to 250 and 251, hence the constant wing rocking. Unfortunately there is no fix for this and DF has no plans that I'm aware of correcting the issue. You may also notice that at times the wing rocking seems to vanish then return yet again, this is due to the heading being for example true at 250 and when a waypoint comes along again that is inbetween 250 and 251 the wings will start rocking. It is annoying to say the least, but a problem that you get use to.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest abent

The most curious aspect of this wing rocking problem is that it seems to appear out of nowhere. A friend and I have done extensive testing in an attempt to cure this problem. Neither of us had this problem and in both cases it just appeared one day. I had previously flown the exact same routes with no problem then suddenly the wing rocking appears - which makes me question the LNAV heading explanation. It is very frustrating. After using DF so successfully over a long period of time and then encountering this and not being able to cure it, I have shelved the product. It's a shame because I think otherwise, it's the best addon I've ever owned. I use ActiveSky wxRE and with 80-100 kt crosswinds, you really need LNAV otherwise it's not long before you're way off course.It's really quite sad.Adam