Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

How long for preflight?

Guest AJ

I'd give it 20-25 minutes just to be safe, especially if this is your first time. Just be sure to read the manuals first. Otherwise you will become quite frustrated. Once you get comfortable you can squeeze the time down to 15 minutes or so. However, keep in mind that this depends upon your flight plan and personal practices. IF you have a long, complicated flight plan and intend to enter it manually into the FMC, then you might want to build in some extra time. THe same gose for flight planning in general, if you want some extra time to look over you charts and plan your route, then build it in. Of course, you could do this before you start MSFS, but it is kind of fun to do it during preflight with FS2Crew, just because of the professional atmosphere.

Guest captbulldog 2

If you know the PMDG aircraft very well it takes no more than 20 min. I usually set it up for 20min and that still allows me A LOT of sitting around time waiting for the clock to tick.

Guest Lobaeux4

Thanks guys, I set it up for my first flight, and although I made some dumb mistakes, it took me exactly 29 minutes to read the manual, set up FS2Crew properly, run through all the checklists, up to engine start, program the FMC manually, set up Activesky and MCACARs, and get pushback. Fantastic!! Excellent program, I only had one glitch, on the After Takeoff checklist, I couldn't get the F.O. to raise the flaps, after I monkeyed around a bit, he finally did it. I don't think it was a problem with the program, I think it was more of a problem with me. Also, and I hope it's not a violation of any sort, I recorded my own STAR and approach briefings, and played those. Need to work on my recording skills, lol.Thanks,