Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

My only FS2004 Wish

As one poster in another thread stated they never fly the default aircraft in MSFS and neither do I.I guess my only wish for MSFS2004 would be to have a version that has no aircraft at all because as well I only fly add-on aircraft.I understand that we would still get the same old pirate request for gauges and such.

I'm sorry dude, but that is one of the "least smart" ideas I have ever hered.And ESPECIALLY now, this version of FS....Its more than just another addition to the FS collection, its a way to help celebrate 100 years of aviation. Or, in other words, 100 years of the evolution of the modern world. The airplane allowed for exploration, communication and efficient war.....leading to wartime advances that, as we all know, have produced the greatest strides in thecknology ever known in the history of the world. Theses planes in "a History of flight" are stepping stones in the brief life of aviation, and each should be praised for the thecnical marvel that they are. I applaude Microsoft in the Aircraft they have chosen to populate its leatest volume, And I only wish that they could supply even more historic aircraft.(such as the B-17)Very well done, Microsoft!

Guest Grey_Wolf

I like some of the defult aircraft that came with 2002. I do fly ad ons more though, mostly because what I'm specifically looking for is not supplied in the stock aircraft.Honestly to me most freware falls a bit short of the visual quality of some of the defult, but there aree defenately exceptions. Microsoft is also catering to a broad variaty of desires. From heavy to GA to helicopters. I also personally know 5 FS pilots, only one of them has ever downloaded anything the other 3 only fly out of the box and One will ad on any thing he can buy at a "brick and mortar" store. I'm sure those 4 will greatly appreciate the greater variaty of aircraft. It even took me about 6 months to find out there even was free download addons. Flight simulator is in my opnion hindered by trying to make everyone happy. If it was only " Heavy Jet simulator" then ATC would have been closer to perfect, or if it was "Helicopter simulator" the helicopters would have a better flight model, and better VFR. Maybe I'm nieve but I feel that MS has done at least a fair job of catering to so many aspects of Flight. keep it up, keep moving forward. We will always have out complaints but with each version there are improvements on the last.Having Fun <------------- thats what I hope we're all here forGrey_Wolf

Where do you think all the amimation originated?See through windows, rolling wheels, prop arcs, GMAX animation & glossy finishes.....L.Adamson --- havn't flown a default since this afternoon (3rd party air.file though)

Guest flightpro08

This is an discussion that has been brought up quite frequently lately, especially with the announcement of FS9. There's really two, completely different views on this topic.1.) For the most part, people who visit AVSIM, or any other Flight Simulator sites for that matter, don't typically use the stock FS aircraft. Why? Because there are so many excellent freeware and payware add-ons that make the default aircraft look silly. As a result, we view the default aircraft as "pointless" or "unecessary" if you will.2.) Now, step into Microsoft's shoes. While our communitly here are AVSIM and other Flight Simulator sites may look large, we are only a fraction of the sales of Microsoft's Flight Simulation software. As any smart buiness will do, they try to please the majority of people who buy their products. As hard as it is to believe, most people strictly use the default aircraft, and never have heard of AVSIM of any other online resource in which they can download thousands of free files.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Testerhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.82 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!