Sign in to follow this  
byork

Flight Attnd silent

Are the flight attendants supposed to be saying something when they initially come on the flight deck? The captain is replying as though she's said something, but all I'm getting is the dialogue pop-up box for the briefing. I'm getting other pop-up dialogue boxes, for example, when the gate agent or ground handlers have something to say to the pilot. I'm assuming there is no initial dialogue because they are communicating via intercom and are not physically present to be interacting with the crew.Everything seems to be working great, and I would like to add my kudos to Brian for this really cool add-on.Congrats!Bruce Beattieslugger

Guest jumpjet

HiI get the same too.The dialogue pops up but nothing is said by the FA. So for example I click the Green button not realising that I am agreeing to a sandwich etc.Initially the FA is OK e.g like requesting extra pillows, but after closing the flightdeck door she goes into 'silent' modeCheersGraham

Gents,First of all, check your sound cards. There is dialogue of course, and ensure that when the FA calls you over the interphone that you click on the blue call button to answer the phone.Regarding your sound card, try resetting it.One user had a similar problem and cured it by doing that.Cheers,Bryan

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "resetting" the sound card.Thanks in advance.Bruce Beattieslugger

Hello Bruce,Please take a look at this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchOr do a search in the forum under "missing announcements".The user was using an on-board sound card, and he disabled it then re-enabled it. Cured his problem.All the best,Bryan

Guest splinter

HiDoes right clicking on the blue button receive the FA speech, if not then how come I get all the other sounds prior to flight except the FA calls when in flight.if I have to disable my onboard sound, will it affect the already great sounds I am receiving.Also, any help on disabling then enabling the sound would be appreciated.ThanksRichard

Hello Richard,Prior to the FA closing the Cockpit door (right before you run the Before Start Checklist), the FA will just pop her head in the door to talk to you.After that she will use the Interphone, and when she contacts you the Interphone Box will pop up and you must left click the Blue Call light to simulate picking up the phone, then use the Green/Red buttons to reply.As for Disabling then Re-enabling your Sound Card: I'll let someone else answer that. If you're running on XP, you might want to take a look at your Devices in the Control Panel.I don't have problems with my sound card, so I'm not able to comment based on first hand experience what needs to be done.Hopefully someone will chime in here.All the best,Bryan