Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hawk38313

Generator Switch?

Guest Hawk38313

I have had a problem three different times and not all the time, when after starting the engines and then trying to turn on the generator switch that the toggle is gone. What I mean is it won't respond when it clicks just stays there and no generators come on. I don't have this problem all the time but as stated has happened three times. I don't know if this is something with the procedure or if something shuts down in the panel. Has anyone else had this probelm? Any work arounds, sure is rough when you have been 20 minutes getting the bird ready, and then it doens't work.Thanks,David

Guest Hawk38313

IT all installed and set up per manual. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time. As a matter of fact I check the switches before I get rolling they work, but for some reason on occassion, like last night the switches won't work when I get to the part to turn them on, they click (sound is heard) but won't move and the blue lights that let you know they are on, do not go out, so they wont work.Thanks again,David

Hello David,I've had that happen once or twice, too, but I can't remember what I did wrong.You might want to check on the PMDG forum for that one.If it happens regularily I might suggest reinstalling the PMDG.What version of FSUIPC are you running?-Bryan

Guest Hawk38313

I am running the latest version of FSUIPC. Man I hope I don't have to reinstall that will take a while. Thanks,David

You might want to try going back to FSUIPC version 3.4.I've been having troubles with the latest version of FSUIPC. The main screens would never come on. I'm running an original version of the PMDG so heavens knows.If you decide to reinstall, it won't take that long. Just make sure you use the PMDG uninstall tool.You don't need to uninstall FS9, just the PMDG.Then run the FS2Crew Service Update again.You don't need to uninstall FS2Crew.-Bryan