Sign in to follow this  
byork

Suggestion: How about FS2Crew for 747 Ready 4 Pushback?

Hello AJ,Doesn't Ready for Pushback already come packaged with a modified version of S-Combo or Flight Deck Companion?I believe it does.The trouble for me is a lot of RFP users will say they don't need FS2Crew because RFP comes with the two programs mentioned above (even though FS2Crew and the above programs are very very different).Make sense?All the best,Bryan

I'll second what said "AJ". RFP v2's order gives the right to download for free a S-Combo Classic software, the last version before Dave March turns it to the most complex flight deck companion with much more features and voice sets.But S-Combo Classic bugs sometimes, and it's not supported anymore by anyone. And its downloads number, in the RFP forum, is very low in front of RFP v2 sales (less than 1000 times read, downloads are even lower then).I would say 747 RFP v2 is not more equipped than any other add-on aircraft outhere. Just Captain Sim 727 with its interactive checklists is one that doesn't need a FS2Crew product. The "little" problem is the team said they will stop development, so everybody wonder what will happen if 747 RFP v2 is not fully compatible FS 2006. There are 2 questions in 1, compatible or not, if not, patched or not patched.Maybe developing first FS2Crew for PMDG 737-600/700 gives the time to 767 Level-D/ PMDG 747-400 / Flight1 727 to be released (hem). The Flight1 ATR would deserve a FS2Crew but maybe the market is not that large. Or developing FS2Crew for Concorde, but which one ? hard decision. The 707 Captain Sim may not deserve it from my point of view. Remains finally the SSW A310, which future compatibility is unknown (already "old"), and that would make FS2Crew's market narrow only for that (with some other reasons).I would go for a PMDG 747-400 or 767 Level-D, second choice F1 ATR 72-500. :)

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Thanks for the suggestions.It's important to remember that FS2Crew is a whole lot more than just a "checklist program", but rather an attempt to model the whole 'airline' experience in the greatest detail possible.There are a couple other "checklist" type programs out there on the market, but I don't think it is appropriate to compare FS2Crew to them. They're too different from each other. Nevertheless, I'm sure that even the Captain Sim 727 could use FS2Crew.However, it's very difficult deciding what plane to do next. FS2Crew is really a niche within a niche type program so the market is very very very small, so I have to choose carefully.-Bryan