Sign in to follow this  

New dash-8 probs.....cant takeoff!

Hey, anyone know why I cant takeoff in the leatest version of MR. Frovloc's dash-8? (YES I know how to fly it, I have MANY houres of succesful flyng in the previous versions)I just cant seem to get past 80 knots! Thanks everyone.

You have to release the control lock lever. There is a hot spot to the left of it that will push it forward.

Thanks, but as I have said, I know how to operate this aircraft. I just cant seem to get past 80 Kts.

Hi Max,There is an update on Oleksiy's website that resolves this very issue. However, you can try hitting the spoiler key "/" twice, and this should also get you under way. Seems to have worked for a couple of other people here.Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest Ted_Pan

If you haven't already... ctrl+Shift+F4 as well as props full fwd...and of course the limit lock as mentioned above....I've had no problems getting the plane off this way....In the past the throttle lock was the issue...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska (sunny, clear, warmish... NO SNOW yet this year!)

>Hi Max, >>There is an update on Oleksiy's website that resolves this >very issue. However, you can try hitting the spoiler key >"/" twice, and this should also get you under way. Seems to >have worked for a couple of other people here. After attempting to fly the latest v1.004, I've reverted to v1.001 since there are more things 'broken' than were fixed...I sincerly doubt that any Dash 8 would behave in the weird manner that this model does. My last landing - no, call it an arrival! - resulted in a 60kt taxi speed and the durn thing would stop for anything...On the flight before that, the silly thing continued to cruise at 157 kts even with the engines shut down!

Awesome! The patch on his site fixed everything.....Thanks alot for th help!!

Guest pilotsim7828

I have the same problem; And even after doing what was said here in this forum thread, I still cant T/O and if it does get off the ground . The plane does`ntWant to flyat all,Just crashes into the ground.Seems to me this is the best Panel i have ever seen !But the plane and it`s dynamics S_ _ks, Worst D_mn plane i have ever seen

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest patch from Oleksiy's site (ver. 1.004c)? If not, give that a try. If you have tried the patch with no success, try deleting your fsuipc.ini file, rerun FS (which will recreate a new one) and see if that helps. There have been some cases where fsuipc have played a part in some of the issues, but when deleting the ini file, seemed to have resolved them.Hope this helps!Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

I had the same problem. This is the solution, directly from Oleksiy himself, you have to disable the fsuipc calibration for spoilers (must be set to "No Axis").

>>Hi Max, >>>>There is an update on Oleksiy's website that resolves this >>very issue. However, you can try hitting the spoiler key >>"/" twice, and this should also get you under way. Seems to >>have worked for a couple of other people here. >>After attempting to fly the latest v1.004, I've reverted to >v1.001 since there are more things 'broken' than were >fixed... >>I sincerly doubt that any Dash 8 would behave in the weird >manner that this model does. My last landing - no, call it >an arrival! - resulted in a 60kt taxi speed and the durn >thing would stop for anything... >>On the flight before that, the silly thing continued to >cruise at 157 kts even with the engines shut down! Hmm-- seems to me that I remember a certain Socata that behaved like a demented camel when it was first published!!Bearing in mind that this Dash8 has been produced by a single individual, I reckon he has done well!! If you would care to go to the new Dash8 forum at FsBaltic.net, you might learn somethingBarry

Before trying any patches..To all having problems with Olekeiy's Dash8...always start off with the default 172 at Meigs with the engines off, and THEN switch to the DASH8.This procedure alone fixed all my "problems"!!Tony in Miami