Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marc Sykes

Landing lights off/back on?

Guest Marc Sykes

First off I should say I'm really enjoying this add-on and can't wait to get online with it -- I think I'm just about ready to do that after a couple of practice flights offline.My main question comes from my practice flight #2 (don't even ask about practice flight #1; that ended just after takeoff), just a quick hop from Palm Springs to LAX. I see that I'm supposed to turn on the landing lights when cleared for takeoff, and then do the below-the-line checklist. Did that, no problems. But I don't see anything in the after takeoff flow about turning landing lights off. Don't most airlines do this passing through 10,000 (I think for some carriers it might be FL180)? Didn't see anything in the flows, I know the FO didn't do it, and he didn't prompt me to do it either, so they stayed on the whole flight. Of course, my cruise altitude was only 12,000 since it was a short hop, so if there's a prompt for this passing FL180 then I wouldn't have gotten it.It's entirely possible I missed something -- I printed out the flows, then wrote a ton of notes in the white space, basically copying the relevant info from the tutorial flight. Just wondering if I missed a flow item somewhere or if this (landing lights off then back on) is something I'm expected to do on my own, or if it somehow got overlooked in the coding (I'm sure that's unlikely).As a throw-in question, what are the chances that we might get multiple crew voice sets to choose from at some point? I'm sure this would be a hit with folks who fly primarily in Europe/Asia, but even for those of us who fly mostly stateside it'd be nice to fly with a couple of different crews (especially if they had slightly different responses in addition to different-sounding voices). I saw that a post from months ago mentioned a female FO. I think a young, preferably British/Australian/New Zealander female FO would be great! (As would a lead FA who sounded a bit less, well, backwoodsy.) Ok, a goofy request, but hey, the whole experience is supposed to be about fantasy fulfillment, right? :-lolThanks for your help! I should also say thanks for plugging our website in the tutorial flight -- if there's anything I can do to help you with anything on the ATC side you might need (SID/STAR information or something like that), let me know.Marc SykesZLA ARTCC Chiefchief@laartcc.org

Hello Mark,Landing lights: On/Off at 10,000 feet. Your job.Multiple crew voices: My original thought was to do an International Crew, but a lot of people didn't like that idea. Same thing with a female FO. The vast majority of my users are American, so I have to take that into account.Note the international ground crew sets though: I've got a whole slew of accents in there, all the way from Filipino to German.Perhaps if I do an Airbus or the ATR next, I may look at adding more flight crew accents given the heritage of the aircraft. Note: Creating flight crew voice sets is a "huge" undertaking.However, if any of you want to "volunteer" to re-record over the American voice set with your nation's accent, let me know and I'll tell you what you need to do. P.S. The FA you hear is a real FA... I think she sounds sweet!All the best, Bryan

Guest sblack

Hey!I'm the voice of the FO and I'm Canadian not American!:-cool