Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

Couple of Questions

Hello All -First, I love this addon. Definelty more fun to fly. However, I have a few questions:1.) V speeds not being announced on T/O. I disabled the PMDG options for V1, VR call outs. The FO never makes the call outs regarding V speeds. I "thought" I set everything in the pre-depature, and depature flows maybe I missed something?2.) Flight attendants seem to be missing a phrase. i.e. The attendent call button illuminates, I answer. I never hear what the FA is requesting. Usually the captain will respond with "Yes, coffee would be great", then "I'll bring some up". Theres no other trouble during the intial briefings, etc.3.) FO doesn't make the announcenment "Flight attendant passing 10,000 ft". Actually he doesn't seem to finish the "Bottom Line, In range checks". We completed the In range checks a little bit prior to TOD.I think thats all I have... :-) Sorry for the shopping list. Everything else works great!Cheers,-Rob S.738/900 Captain Delta Virtual Airlines

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Re 1. this is what I come to think of:Does the rest of the takeoff work correctly (gear up and so on)?Have you turned on the landing lights to trigger the F/O to perform his final flows?And finally, do you remember to click the checkmark at the top of the Before TO/TO/After TO display a second time after the F/Os final flow (after having turned on the landing lights yourself) so that the "Below the line" part of the Before Takeoff Chklst is performed?

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Tord -I don't think the Landing lights were one. It was a day depature and for some reason I thought I heard him say check for landing lights. I can't remember if he brought the gear up, I know the flaps came up according to my command. I'll try again later. Thanks,Rob

Rob Sciarrino

You always have to turn on the landing lights when you are cleared for takeoff as this is the trigger for the F/O to finish the Before Takeoff Checklist.Also, to hear the flight attendant, press the blue Call button above the green and red buttons. It simulates picking up the intercom phone and will trigger the FAs question.Hope this helps. If you haven

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Tord -Definetly didn't press the Blue Call button. Now I think of no wonder why, I just press the Green "OK" button. As far as landing lights - On before turning onto the runway right?Thanks,Rob738-900 CaptainDelta Virtual Airlines

Rob Sciarrino

Hello Rob,Yes, click the "Blue" call-light to answer the FA, then use the Green/Red buttons to respond.Regarding the V1 calls, etc., I just just looked at the code to remind myself what needs to be done for those calls to play:You probably aren't arming the autothrottle (that put's FS2Crew in takeoff mode).Arm the autothrottle when you get close to the runway. Arming the autothrottle will also prompt the FO to start his Before Takeoff flow.Also, make sure that the beacon is on. The FO will turn it on during his Before Start flow. So, you never need to touch the beacon. The FO does it all.The beacon being on is another necessary condition to put FS2Crew in takeoff mode.-Bryan

And to complement Bryans answer, yep Landing lights on prior to turning onto the runway. Or more precisely, after receiving the takeoff clearance from ATC. All well described in the manual and tutorial ;)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Yes, and another thing:The strobes should go on when you enter the active runway, and the ldg lights should be turned on when you get your TO clrnce. If you want, go ahead and turn the strobes on for the FO if you haven't received TO clearance prior to taking the active runway.Maybe in a future version of FS there will be a way to "read" if the aicraft is on a runway... Unfortunately I can't access AFCAD data... that'd be nice though... -Bryan

Hey Guys -I was able to do everything last night with no snags. I guess reading the "flows" manual helped a lot too. I didn't realize how much I missed when initially receiving the aircraft. Anyways, thanks for all the feedback. Awesome product, can't wait to get home and fly some more tonight :-)Thanks!-Rob S.738-900 CaptainDelta Virtual Airlines

Rob Sciarrino