Sign in to follow this  
Guest DesertDriver

FO won't retract flaps

Guest DesertDriver

Hello all,Problem I haven't read about yet. Could be just me. I'm following the FS2Crew tutorial to the letter. I've read just about all the documentation.In the tutorial, section 30 page 8, it states "As airspeed increases click the FLAPS button to call "VNAV, Flaps 1"."When I click the FLAPS button, I get nothing, no flap retract, no FO talking to me, nada. Everything else has worked flawlessly up to this point.Any ideas?

Guest BenBaron

Hi "nameless" (->please post real name),you are sure you selected an ICAO B, Flaps 5, VNAV departure on the briefing page? At 400ft you should select a roll mode like HDG or LNAV and during an ICAO B, Flaps 5, VNAV departure push the flaps button passing 1000ft to select VNAV and Flaps 1. Did you use the flaps button "slowly and deliberatly" as advised in the manuals? Please look at section 16 page 5 again and check you are doing every thing like it is written down in the manuals. Don't have another answer for you, if it doesn't work we will have to wait for Bryans response...;-).

Guest DesertDriver

Hello Benjamin,I tried flying two more times with the same results. I'm trying to be very meticulous on making the right selections. In the briefing, I'm selecting flaps 5 (same as whats programmed in the FMS)I also select the "B" button for ICAO Bravo and set the SID to #2 and click the "P" button followed by the "S" for the takeoff safety review.I've tried it with both auto throttle and manual throttle. At roughly 400 to 500 ft, I select LNAV, then at about 1000 agl, click the "flaps" button.....and nothing.Cheers,Nate GeigerASEL, A&P

Guest DesertDriver

Found my mistake. I was selecting B for ICAO Bravo, but not the cooresponding V for VNAV..doh!Works like a charm when you do it right.~Nate