Sign in to follow this  
Guest wee_davie_2612

CPAL buttons

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hello all,Bryan, Nice little program you've made there - haven't used it yet though, too late to start on it. I'll try it out tomorrow.Now onto the question:Is there any way to edit the bitmaps of the CPAL buttons? I'd like to make them a little less conspicious but when I tried to edit it with Chuck Dome's GAUBmp it spat out an error meaning that the gauge has some sort of protection inbuilt.Is there any way that this could be changed just for the crewIcon gauge?To be honest I doubt it but I though I'd ask anyway :)Have a good one,David

Hello David,In my opinion, the CPAL buttons are ok. However, to each their own.That said, once you've loaded the plane and you can actually see the CPAL icon on the panel in action, and you still don't like it, send me an email at:admin@fs2crew.comWe can go from there. I'd be interested to see what kind of changes you want to make.All the best,Bryan

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Bryan,Fast reply!!I was just going to copy the style of the existing panel switching gauges.However if I did that then they couldn't be used in the VC.I'm now messing around with creating a switchable cover that'll hide them when not in use (operated by a hidden click spot). Essentially it'll look like the stock panel until you hit the cover open ten you'll see the CPAL buttons appear (they were always there just hidden).I'll see how that works first off then if I'm still not happy I'll make an 'artists impression' of what I was originally planning and post it here.Catch you in the morning,Cheers,David

Guest wee_davie_2612

P.s. Do all the PMDG key assingments have to be default in order for the various functions to work? Just asking here instead of cluttering up the forum.

David,Check the "Keyboard Assignments" manual and make sure everything lines up. All the manuals are located in the FS2Crew folder in the FS9 directory. You can also access them through the Start Menu/Program Files/FS2Crew entry.You'll need to add a couple new entries for the Autobrake and Increase/Decrease speed fast for the MCP.Regarding CPAL:Send me the .bmps (one for hidden, one for viewable).Where would you want the click spot? It would need to be located on the same BMP.Cheers,Bryan

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Bryan,Key assignments - D'Oh, I'll check in the morning (it's 0510 here).CPAL:I knocked up an artist impression type picture from a screenshot. It's pretty big to keep the quality so it is posted [a href=http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CPAL2.htm]here[/a].That's what I was planning originally as a one off As you can see it'd involve editing the gauge bitmaps to make the buttons look like the PMDG ones and it'd also require the editing of the main panel bitmap (to add the little raised panel). I'd just remove the one in the VC as I don't do any flying from the VC, only sight seeing.All in all not a very useful edit for public consumption.I'll knock up a little xml coded coverspot tomorrow and post some screenshots and explain the idea there.'Till later,David

Guest captbulldog 2

I like it. Let's use it!

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi,My second idea hasn't really work out as planned yet so I'll leave talking about it until it's sorted.Glad you guys like the picture.Bryan, to answer your question - 100% usage in that picture. The reason is that to make that picture I simply took a screenshot of the panel and went to work in photoshop.All that picture is is to show what my original idea would have looked like. My original idea, just to recap, was to edit the gauge bitmap of the CrewIcon gauge, add a small plate to the panel by editng the master panel bitmap and then move the gauge to the proper position.I understand what you mean with not wanting to use the buttons due to copyrights etc.Would it still be copyright if I took a screenshot and then edited it about and sent you that? Technically I wouldn't be using thier gauge bitmaps (I can't access tham anyway).What do you think of [a href=http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CPAL3.htm]this[/a] picture? All I've done is taken a screenshot and edited it a little to show what it could look like if the crewicon was changed and without any editing the master panel bitmap. Essentially all that would be changed would be CPAL buttons from this: http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CPALold.jpgto this:http://www.ibsw08346pwp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CPALnew.jpg If a user then edited the master bitmap to suit their individual taste, well that's their decision.All that would be above board wouldn't it? :)Cheers,David

Guest wee_davie_2612

E-mail sent :)David

Guest meyomyx

BryanThis does look nicer. Surely Mr Randazzo would allow this? It's a detail, sure - but such details enhance the quality feel :)Regards

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey Nick,Glad you like it :)Bryan,Did you get my e-mail with the bitmap attachment? I've had problems with attachments before and only find out that it bounced several days after sending.CheersDavid