Sign in to follow this  
byork

Default Key Assingments

Hello David,Don't hold me 100 percent to this, but changing the FS2004 default keyboard assignments (not the PMDG ones) shouldn't effect FS2Crew.FS2Crew only simulates keypresses to interect with the PMDG switches that have an associated PMDG Key Press assigned to it. That's the only way to control them.FS2Crew doesn't need to simulate keypresses for the PMDG switches controlled by MS default events (ie., lights, landing gear, etc).FS2Crew controls them directly.Cheers,Bryan

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hey,OK I was just checking. It mentioned in the FAQ's that changing the defaults would most probably cause some problems.The reason I noticed is because the main exit kept opening whenever I passed control to the FO as I had my exit command in FS set to the Tab key.Changed it to another key and all seems fine now.All the best,David

Good point, David. I never thought of that angle.I'll add that to the Manuals.Here's the new FAQ:It's possible that if you change the default FS2004 keyboard assignments for FS2004 events (ie., Landing lights On, Open Main Exit, Retract Flaps, etc), to a key that FS2Crew will at some point press (see the Keyboard Assignments Manual), then you will get both events happening.The best procedure is simply not to change the MS default keyboard assignments to make sure you don't run into this kind of problem.Cheers,Bryan