Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!

I've been posting in the Screenshots forum and the Hangar Chat forum for a bit, but I really need to ask this....This problem is a new one I have never heard of nor seen before.... Here it is:When I takeoff, departing KORD for EPWA in the Posky 763, I set my alltitude to FL330, my nav hold to GPS, and IAS to 300kts and go to bed for the night (after activiting AP). When I wake up the next morning, I find myself stuck in the ground (on a hill) going nowhere. I am going 5.8kts to the North, then 0.8kts, then 2.8kts and so forth spitting out random speeds. This also happens to me in the Posky 764, and MelJet 744.THe problem with the 744 (MelJet) is that I took of from Leipzeig-Halle for a test flight, and I noticed than when I pulled by on the joystick, the 744 pulled into a rocket-style climb (90 deg.). No matter how much I pushed the joystick forward, and tried to descend, all of it failed, and I ended up stalling and restarting the flight.If this is happened to any of you before, is it the air-file or is it just the way I am flying it?Thanks!P.S. I never run into this problem in Airbus'....

Have you checked to see what 300kt @ FL330 really is in terms of overspeed for the aircraft? Some data I have is the Max cruise speed for the B767-300 is 489KTAS @ FL390 and for the B767-300ER is 486KTAS @ FL390. You might want to test this aircraft with those figures using a no-weather situation (STD-DAY). With this condition, you can use the GPS for the TAS indication and the Airspeed Indicator for IAS. You could also pause the simulation and switch the airspeed indicator to TAS and vise versa.

Thank you for your help, I will try this and see what happens.