Sign in to follow this  
Spawntscuk1

WOW What a program

Well what can I say. This prouct is truly fantastic. Well done. Will you be able to make this compaible with other aircraft like the PSS Airbus series and dehavilland Dash 8?Regards

Jason,My words exactly! It really makes you try and fly by the book. I had a sense of achievement yesterday, when I finally got through a full flight. I really hope this is going to bee a success, I'd like to see it on the Flight1 ATR 72-500 as well - What about very complex aircraft like the Request for Pushback 742, CaptainsSim's 707 - etc. Well time will show - I'm really enjoying my self.Now I'm off to try it on my own (No tutorial flight).Thanks for a wonderful product.

Hi Jason,There are plans to make FS2Crew compatible with other 3rd party aircraft eventually but I'm not sure what's next. Perhaps the PMDG 737-600 and 700 series? ;)

Bill Alderson

Guest Speedbird4AD

SFO - LAX TutorialFirst attempt - well this was a little hectic and I got as far as engine start but nothing happened.So I started again. This time I had a little knowledge of what was going to happen and how to make it happen. The whole sequence ran like clockwork and this time I even figured out that for pushback you have to insert the required degrees of turn ( up to 90 degrees left or right) which wasn't mentioned in the tutorial.After that it worked exactly according to the manuals and tutorial and the only small problem I encountered was that no glideslope activated for 24R at LAX. Still, a manual landing was good practice and the only snag was a United 777 AI aircraft coming towards me as I landed on 24R!:-) Did I miss the flap retraction on landing? Is that the Captain's job or should the FO have done it for me?Taxi to Gate and shut down - perfect.Well done Bryan - great product. Don't know how I'll cope using it on VATSIM though! :-)

Flap retraction on landing: Are you referring to the After Landing section?Yes, the FO will retract the Flaps as per his After Landing Flow if you click the Green Check Mark.If you click the Flaps 15 button (only if it's slushy and there is lots of snow), then click the Green Check Mark, then the FO will only retract the flaps to 15. You'd then bring them up at the Gate after having Maintenance inspect them.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Alexander

Wow, really great product. Did my first flight yesterday and had no problems at all (ok, in fact some things went wrong, but that was because I didn't read the key assigmend part in the manual...) The only thing I don't understand: Why doesn't f2crew work when using the dark- and cold-settings of the PMDG itself? No big thing, but the way selecting the cessna first is a bit, lets say, strange... But besides of that: Really great, guys!Alex

Hello Alex,Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback.I appreciate hearing that.I'm glad you like the product. Don't worry. After a few flights you'll have it all down pat.Regarding the Cessna: There is more than one way to load the PMDG Cold and Dark.Using the Cessna is just the way I do it, and I know if everyone does it the same way I know it'll work. Yes loading the Cessna is strange, but it only takes an extra 30 seconds, so it's no "biggie" in my book.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Alexander

Bryan,no problem, I'll surely get used to it. What I tried to say was just: If you load the PMDG cold and dark in the way PMDG asks you to do (as you know, there is a special dark and cold setting to be selected), FS2Crew doesn't work properly (ok, it works good, but you have to close all the windows). But as I said, no big thing.So let's get back to the main thing: Great programm and I can't wait to be back in cockpit again.Alex

Hello Alex,I was half way writting my response when my 14 month old daughter decided to flip the power switch on my Surge Protector...But now I've rebooted....Thank you for the kind words.I suggest though starting with the default Cessna, shutting it down, and then loading the PMDG the *exact* same way the manuals describe it.That way, you won't need to manually close all the Windows, which is a bit of a pain.All the best,Bryan