Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeroen November

To smoke or not to smoke...& other stuff

Guest Jeroen November

Hey guys,Thanks for a great add-on. I just finished the first tutorial flight with the extensive use of most of the manuals. You did a great job, but me being a FS user since version 2.1 and a teaser for detail have a few remarks & questions:In the flows it states clearly that u have to turn on the no smoking sign, but it never says when to turn it off...shouldn't that be in there somewhere or is it supposed to be so obvious or un-dangerous that it shouldn't be bothered with?I noticed that the FO doesn't turn the taxi lights on, this is probably something for the CA to do since the knob is over on his side, but I don't find it in the flows or in the checklists. What about the wing lights (not the navigation lights) by the way...when should they be used & by whom?IRL I've noticed that during taxi the spoilers are always tested as well, I suppose it is not implemented in FS2crew because of the ill-logic of the PMDG spoilers.Are you guys thinking about implementing some cabin announcements in the future by the FA (like it is implemented the FDC-addon) cause those are allso audible in the cockpit and add much to the realism.Greets & gongrats again,Jeroen

Hello Jeroen,Thank you for the kind words.1. Smoking Sign... You could shut it off during the Termination checklist if you want.2. Taxi lights: The only time the FO will flip them on is during his After Landing flow.3. Wing and Nav lights: You control them. You should turn on the Nav lights when you're powering the AC with the APU. The FO is still out doing his walkaround at this point.4. Strobe Lights: FO does controls them.5. You're right about the spoilers: I came across some funny things with them. I'll see what I can do about that.6. Cabin announcement. They can't be heard directly from the cockpit. However, what I may do is give you the option to "listen in" on them via the cockpit speakers so you know when the FAs have done their safety brief.Cheers,Bryan

Guest hlm65

Hi Jeroen,regarding the no smoking sign, I think that Bryan took most of his information in making this marvellous add-on reading the Flight Manuals and, for what I can remember, most airlines in the world DO NOT permit smoking any more on any flight (for sure: Lufthansa, Alitalia, United and Continental are forbidding smoking in theri planes). So there normally won't be a "no Smoking" OFF checklist item.