Sign in to follow this  
byork

Pre purchase queries

Hello Bruce,Thank you for your interest in the product.1. Dual Monitor problems: It seems that a workaround has been devised. See the pinned thread on top. It involves switching to full screen mode before loading the PMDG.I'm not satisified with that however so I'm still running trouble-shooting tests to determine the true source of the problem.In all your years with two monitors, have you ever experienced a problem like this?2. Frame rate issues: It's a true mystery, A LOT of people have purchased FS2Crew. I'm quitely frankly pleasantly shocked by the positive response. Only a few people have reported frame rate problems. My personal feeling right now is that they are system specific, but I can't rule that out entirely yet.During beta testing, I can't recall anyone complaining about frame rate problems. I'm certainly not having frame rate problems, and I'm an using an old computer.If it doesn't work on your computer the way you expect it to, you've always got 30 days to return the product for a full refund. All the best,Bryan

To answer your question about dual monitors I have never had any issues with their use except that with my previous cpu - an AMD 1900 - having multiple windows open did impact on FPS and increased stutters. But I have never had any CTD issues that appeared to be related to multiple monitors and now find the extra sceen real estate an essential element in all my computing. I note the effort being put in to solve this one. I also note the effort being put into solving the frame rate issue and that it may be VC related. It would be most unfortunate if the only solution to the FPS issue and possibly the dual monitor hassle is to not use the VC as I have just purchased Active Camera for the cabin and wing views you can setup and that only works in VC mode.Think I will postpone a purchase of FS2Crew until I see how these things are going to pan out - I will await developments with interest.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

This topic has been moved by the moderator of this forum. It can be found at:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...0&topic_id=1610

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."