Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

WideFS

Does anyone here use WideFS and can you explain how to use it? I have FS2K2 running with WideServer and a Laptop with WideClient running and connected. I installed Super Flight Planner and run it and it doesn't see FS2K2. When it asks for the path to it do I put in the path to the PC running FS2K2 on the LAN? Do I HAVE to install FS on the second computer? FSNAV won't install without it so I downloaded SFP but I can't get it to work properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Simply put, WideFS gives the possibility to run "FSUIPC-applications" on a remote PC (using the WideServer-WideClient).I use NAV3.1 and other apps this way.No need to install FS on the "client" PC.Now I don't know about Super Flight Planner, but if it is a FSUIPC-app it should give no problem. Maybe it expects a FS2K2 installation as well.Try launching it from the WideClient ini file (as described by Peter Dowson).FSNAV won't work this way, since that is not based on FSUIPC.Rob

Super Flight Planner will work just like NAV3.1 over the WideFS.If you are using WinXP, then you may need to add somemore information to the wideclient.ini file:; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details; =====================================================&l;Config&r;ServerNode=0.0.20480.300.45366 //this is the added info. see instructionsUseTCPIP=NoPort=8002Window=43,44,886,589Visible=YesTimeout=20; -----------------------------------------------&l;User&r;Log=Errors+Run1=h:program filesnavigationnav.exe // substitute SFP.exe here; ===============================================I use IPX/SPX vice TCP/IP. If you are trying to use IPX/SPX then make sure that you have added IPX/SPX and NETBios to your network neighborhood. You also have to check the box to run NETBios over IPX/SPX on the IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol properties tab NETBios (Win98/ME). I believe this is automatically invoked on WinXP but you can check if you install the IPX/SPX protcol.

I am running W98SE and IPX/SPX protocol for simplicity. When I run Super Flight Planner do I put in the path to FS2K2 on the LAN?

It seems to me that if super flight planner is needing to look at FS2k files (probably to build a database from scenery files) you willneed file and print services and share the FS2k2 folder.scott s..

You would need to have SFP (NAV3.1 was the same) be able to find the fs2002 folder to build the database. I've have NAV3.1 on both computers, so I had it make the database and I just copied it to the second computer. It may not find the correct folder over a LAN because it is probably looking in the Windows registry for the location.Somewhere I saw a copy of the database for SFP, because user's were having problems getting it to make the database. However, when I loaded it on my computer, it didn't have any problem making the database. I have since removed SFP because I like the NAV3.1 ability to track AI flights.