Sign in to follow this  
Guest vortovor

FDC vs FS2Crew?

Guest vortovor

Hello, I alway's use Flightdeck Companion. Does FS2Crew do the same thing as FDC? I mean does it have all checklists FDC have?Or can I use it togheter?thxvortovor

Hello VOR,You can't use FDC and FS2Crew together at the same time. The results would be very bizarre to say the least.FS2Crew comes with all the checklists (audio and paper) necessary to fly the NG properly.This version of FS2Crew was specifically built just for the 737NG, and as such it models 737NG procedures very well. You won't be dissapointed.A LOT of people have purchased FS2Crew. I'm quite frankly amazed by the numbers. It really blew me away. I'm getting a lot of positive feedback from a lot of them.All the best,Bryan

Guest vortovor

Thanks for the repply Bryan.Now there resting three more questions if you don't mind:)I've read that FS2C handles all switches, knobs, rotatewheels etc.Does FS2C startup your plane from a cold dark cockpit in a state ready for taxi to the runway fully automated?Is it possible to use FS2C on a second PC in a later stadium?Is the problem with multi monitor already solved?Many thanks,Mike

Hello Mike,1. The First Officer in FS2Crew performs all the duties the real-world FO would perform (this is airline specific of course). He doesn't do all the work naturally, but he does a good chunk of it.You basically have to perform your portion of the assigned duties, and he performs his.You always start in a Cold and Dark State. You have to go through everything from Start to Finish... you can't skip steps and go straight to takeoff if that's what you mean.2. FS2Crew cannot be run on a 2nd PC. It does not work with WideFS.In my opinion though a 2nd monitor wouldn't be of all that great a value given that you can toggle FS2Crew's Pages when you don't need them.Any more questions, just ask.Cheers, Bryan

Guest BenBaron

Hi Mike,to the first question:No, you still have to do your work as the Captain of the aircraft as it is in real life. The first officer assists you and takes over some things he would do in the real world, too. But he won't do all himself. You can't sit there and relax watching the FO doing all the things for you. You are not paid for doing nothing ;-). It is kind of work-sharing.