Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

About 600-700

From my understanding, it is a lot of weight, balance, and range issues as well...I was originally under the impression that it would work with just the 600/700 as well. But I got a nice little embarassment when I was accepted on to the beta test team and didn't have the 800/900 upgrade ;)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Guest frankathl

Hi Chris,I posted a similar query on the PMDG Forum today. I cannot see how there can be such a significant difference, procedurally, between the 600/700 and 800/900 series(apart from the air conditioning setup), as I don't think there will be a Virtual Dispatcher included.BR,FrankPS By the way, keep an eye out for the Virtual Dispatcher being developed by Mats Johansson! :-)).

Hello Guys,The most significant reason why it doesn't work right now with the 600/700 (assuming you own the 800/900 Upgrade) is because the pneaumatic panels between the two don't match up perfectly in terms of layout which means that my FO's mouse clicks don't line up properly on the 600/700. This means that the FO cannot configure the pneaumatic panel by himself, which is unacceptable.In the future, the plan is to release an update that allows FS2Crew to work with the 600/700 series (with the 800/900 update), but I'll have to make some changes to the code first.So for now you'll just have to fly with the 800 or 900. I'm sure you can all handle that!For users who do not have the 800/900 Upgrade, perhaps at some point in the future I'll issue an update so you can use FS2Crew too.However, I'm holding off on that though because the logic is that the kind of person who'd enjoy FS2Crew would already own the 800/900 Upgrade.Cheers,Bryan

Guest McFly

If it's just the alignment problem for the mouse overs, aliasing the 800/900 panel to the 600/700 should work? I don't know if that's possible, but maybe. I'm just a big fan of the 600 (I fly the "Shamu" mostly)Looking forward to your program.Terry

FS2Crew replaces the PMDG panel.cfg for the 737-800 with a FS2Crew modified panel.cfg file.FS2Crew consists entirely of addon gauge (.gau) files.You could always copy the FS2Crew gauge entries from the 800 panel.cfg file and copy them to the 700's panel.cfg if you wanted to (and if you were confident you could do it without screwing it up). It's a pretty simple job actually.Trouble is, though, the FO will not be able to configure the pneumatic panel on the 600 or 700 in that scenerio owing to the differences in panel layouts between 6/700 and 8/900. So you'd have to configure the bleeds and packs for him. Everything else would work ok more or less.This is of course assuming you have the 800/900 upgrade though.The 600/700 "without" the 800/900 upgrade is a different story... I believe it even uses different key assignments for certain MCP functions... that makes things very sticky if you know what I mean.I hope this also helps clarify why making FS2Crew compatible with "every" version of the 737 (of which there are many) is a very ackward thing to do from a programming standpoint. Make sense?-Bryan

Guest frankathl

It does to me, Bryan!Thanks for the clarification.BR,Frank

Bryan!Maybe it's not feasible but couldn't you check what panel/aircraft is loaded through the FSUIPC offsets and make a logical choice based on that information? I know the offsets are there it's more if it's possible fior you to do something useful out of it.EDIT: Just saw you planned this functionality in a future release and thus I guess the above is pretty obvious for you. ;-)Just a thought.Cheers,

Guest adam_stanger

>However, I'm holding off on that though because the logic is>that the kind of person who'd enjoy FS2Crew would already own>the 800/900 Upgrade.I wouldn't call that logic. There is nothing about the real -800 or -900 that should lead a pilot to believe they are more "advanced" than a -600/-700 pilot (mainly because if you can fly one, you can fly them all.) The problem here is mostly price. I only fly Southwest, and WN has no -800's or -900's, so I didn't waste my money on the upgrade. That's logic.

It was a question about money for me too. I didn't want to upgrade to the 800/900 just yet because I'm perfectly happy with the variety of airlines that operate the 600/700...maybe when I save some money I will be able to upgrade.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hello Adam,I should have clarified what I meant by "advanced" better.I was referring to the more "advanced" system that PMDG added to the 800/900 series... ie., TCAS, etc.I'm thinking about doing a version for the 600/700 series. All it would take is making some modifications to the code. But no absolute firm promises on that!Cheers,Bryan

I for one would appreciate a 600/700 version, as I fly 40 to 50 hrs a month for Virtual Southwest with the PMDG 600/700, have the upgrade to 800/900 series.Thanks!Dale Reitz