Sign in to follow this  
Guest knack

Installation problem

Guest knack

Hi crew of FS2Crew :)I'm having a problem with the program after installation.Installation via the Flight1 wrapper proceeds smoothly. However, when I fire up FS9 (after having selected the cold & dark startup option), the 737NG loads BUT the little windows of FS2Crew do not close on their own. In addition the battery switch on the overhead panel is inoperative.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.Pertinent hardware and software info follows:Asus P4P800, P4/3.2, 1GB 3200ram, ATI X800Pro(256MB), Soundblaster Audigy2, 60GB Maxtor (partitioned), 40GB Seagate, 200GB Seagate S-ATAWinXP Home (SP1), FS9, FSUIPC (registered 3.4), Activesky2004.5, FSBuild2 and a whole bunch of add-on aircraft and scenery.Any suggestions?Cheers,Tony

Guest BenBaron

Hi Tony,you didn't read the manual carefully enough. You REALLY have to start the flightsimulator with the Cessna, then stop the engine, turn of the battery, pull out the mixture but turn on the avionics master! I tried it also with the method you used and got the same result... ;-).

Guest knack

Hi Ben,and thanks for the prompt reply!Followed your advice AND the manual :-hah.The FS2Crew windows certainly do shut down now but I still have inoperative battery switches; actually the entire electrical panel (apart from the rotary switches) is inoperative. This also includes the lighting switches (beacon, strobe, etc)*major headscratching going on at this end* Hope you can help!Cheers,Tony

Guest BenBaron

Hi Tony,this sounds really strange. I will see wether I can reproduce this behaviour. If not we might have to wait for Bryans statement about that. Maybe you could post your panel.cfg to see if sth. went wrong there but don't have really an idea... .

Hi Tone,Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but did you by mistake switch off the Avionics Master Switch instead if the two Master Switches?I've seen this behaviour before, if the Avionics Master Switch has turned off in the Cessna and you then load another aircraft.

Hi Tony,Yes, before loading the PMDG, ensure that the Cessna's "Avionics" switch is in the "On" position. Also, ensure that both sides of the Battery master are in the "Off" position, and don't forgot to the pull the mixture all the way to cutoff.Let us know if that solves your problem.Cheers,Bryan

Guest knack

Hello Lars and Bryan,no joy here yet, I'm afraid.Yes, I made sure I turned off the battery switches in the Cessna and left the avionics switch in the "On" position.All the other switches work fine in the NG except for the electrical panel switches. Uninstalling and reverting to the old panel brings the plane back to it's usual obliging self :)I'm at a total loss. Maybe deleting the fs9.cfg file and allowing the prog to rebuild it may help?Cheers,Tony

Hi Tony,Hmmm, very strange... FS2Crew doesn't "write" so to speak to any PMDG gauges, so in theory in can't cause interference.Did you have Service Update #1 from the PMDG for the 800/900 installed prior to installing FS2Crew?Let me know,Bryan

Guest knack

Bryan,*doh* *wiping egg off face and replacing it with a silly grin*I had reinstalled the NG a while ago and apparently forgot to install the 1.1 update. :-rollAll is well now and I'm looking forward to a LONG night!Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Guest McFly

Benjaman,Great program.You mention that starting with the Cessna routine is not the only way to get the proper conditions to start FS2Crew. I have been using an ammended FS9.cfg file from the Avisim library that's been working just fine but now the menus do not dissappear after startup. Do you perhaps have an altered FS9.cfg to complete your new software for us? Thanks,Terry