Sign in to follow this  
djsebx

My french keyboard doesn't make CTRL+SHIFT+6 in PMDG key commands...

Hi,Following the Ops Manuals, I should assign keys to PMDG commands menu.For Autobrake Increase Pos, and Decrease Pos stuff.. when I'm asked to set CTRL+SHIFT+6 , PMDG detects [ CTRL ]+[ SHIFT ]+[ - ] , however my scroll lock is set ON or OFF, because I first tried the 6 above the letters and the - character is the default one, and I must use SHIFT to get a 6. But in PMDG menu, it doesn't detect a 6. Then if I try the same, pushing CTRL+SHIFT+6 but with the 6 key from my numbers pad, then PMDG finally detects [ CTRL ]+[ 6(KEYPAD) ]. I don't have the [ SHIFT ] detected :(Well, it seems like I won't be able to get from this the accurate settings keys registered as required in the Ops Menu for Autobrake managing capabilities.So, could you write down below for me the two accurate lines I should add in my ..FS9PMDG737Kbd.iniActually, I read MCP Increase Speed Fast=1,81,47MCP Decrease Speed Fast=1,87,48which must not be correct I guess.Thanks.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Bonjour Sebastien,Interesting issue with the French keyboard. Why a French keyboard doesn't like you holding down the shift and control key at the same time and then pressing 6 or 7 is very strange.At any rate,First, backup your PMDG keyboard .ini file.Second, I've never added keypresses directly via the .ini file, so this is uncharted waters for me.Here's are the relevant sections from my .ini file:MCP Increase Speed Fast=1,81,47MCP Decrease Speed Fast=1,87,48Autobrakes Increase Pos=6,54,99Autobrakes Decrease Pos=6,55,100Try them and let me know if they work ok. The FO should set the Autobrake to RTO during his Receiving A/C flow.Let me know if he does that.A bientot,Bryan

My keyboad does accept this kind of triple trigger, just in the PMDG window it was not correctly read. And I feared this would lead to malfunction for the involved 2 keys with FS2Crew.Now I see your 737Kbd.ini lines are just the same as mine. So I guess it will work perfectly. PMDG won't care if it's a 6 or a - , but it will just understand THIS key is pressed, it's the same ID for it.I'll have to read and learn more before I can test and reach that step :-) But I'll confirm later if it works fine.Thanks for the fast reply.

Sebastien BELLUTEAU