Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew and a Second Computer via WideFS

Hello James,I've never used WideFS, but evidently not.The benefit of two computers though would be minimal given that FS2Crew's pages can be toggled. I really made a strong effort to ensure that the "Pages" don't take up much space, or obscure your view for long periods of time. I'm sure you'll all be quite impressed with the way they work. It's quite impressive the way they've been done.All the best,Bryan

Thanks Bryan.Any chance you could post a screenie of the most "intrusive" pop-up so we can get an idea of how much space it actually takes up on the screen?Also, 95% of the time, I fly from the "zoomed" panel; plz make sure you have the "Main Interface" C, P, A, & L icons located somewhere on the Zoom panel. I do NOT want to have to switch back to the Main panel just to be able to click the C, P, A, or L icon.(Probably should put the icons on the Pilot's Perspective panel too!!)Thanks,James

Hello James,1. Yes, CPAL does appear in the "Zoomed" panel. In the screenshot, CPAL is located behind the Non-Precision Page. You actually don't need to use CPAL very often.2. Here's a screenshot.Note:The Non-Precision Page is by far the biggest Page.Like the other Pages, the Non-Precision Page can be "hidden" from view by left clicking on its Page Title.The only time you'd need this Page open all the time during an Approach is if you're shooting a Non-Precision Approach using Monitored Procedures. However, once you click TAKE CONTROL during a Monitored Approach (you can see the runway), you could then close this Page and open up the After Landing Page if you wanted to be get ahead of the game. In that case, it doesn't matter how much screen real-estate is being taken up given that the forward visibility would probably be very low to nil. http://www.fs2crew.com/np.gif

Guest Bud

BryanJust a quick follow up. Presumably your panel windows could be undocked and placed on a second monitor in a multi ,on. set up?Bud

Hi Bud,You can drag the panels around using the mouse.As for dragging them to a second monitor, given the number of panel windows it would be a very tedious job.It's easier just to toggle them on and off when you don't need them.Cheers,Bryan