Sign in to follow this  
Guest David Lee 2

2nd computer?

Guest David Lee 2

This looks like an interesting product but my computer has enough trouble just running the 737ng as it is. Any chance the product will run on a second computer via WideFS? ThanksDavid

Hello David,I've never used WideFS so I can't properly comment.However, the "pages" in FS2Crew are nothing more than extra "windows" on the screen. Essentially, each "page" in FS2Crew is its own gauge (.gau) file that sits in its own "window."Make sense?You can move these windows around just as you would any other window.I suppose you might be able to drag them to a 2nd computer. The trouble is though you'll be doing a lot of "dragging" because there are many seperate pages each in their own window.You don't really need a second computer though. The "pages" are toggable (is that even word?), and once you get good at FS2Crew you'll learn how to keep their time on the screen to an absolute minimum.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan,WideFS is used to run stand alone programs on a computer different than the one that runs MSFS. WideFS connects them with MSFS with a client/server setup, very simple to use. Common examples of programs that people use WideFS to "loadshare" are ActiveSky, FSMeteo, AVC, certain GPS simulators and such. In other words, FS2Crew needs to run on its own and not as a module in MSFS for this to work. If I understand you correctly the FS2Crew windows run in MSFS as gauges? If so, then the answer seems to be "no". If FS2Crew can be started without MSFS, then the answer is "yes". ;)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Then the answer is no I'm afraid given the FS2Crew consists of .gau files. Even I the developer learn something new everyday!As mentioned, the Pages in FS2Crew can be toggled so you only need them visible when you need them, so two monitors wouldn't be all that much of a benefit anyway.Cheers,-Bryan