Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoSPA_David

FScrew in 600/700

Guest RoSPA_David

Hi fairly reasonable question, me thinks lol. I have all the updates for both 600/700. + 800/900. I have also installed all 3 service updates for FScrew. Now, does that mean that i can use fscrew in the 600 700? If not, why did i need the 600/700 installed and why has it altered the 600.700 aircraft configs? Many thanksDavid

Hello David,Yes, you can use FS2Crew with the 600,700,800 and 900 models.The PMDG 600/700 are slightly different from the 800/900 models (their panel.cfgs are not exactly the same), so as a result FS2Crew had to modify both sets of panel.cfgs.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest RoSPA_David

Thanks. Another question if thats ok. This is obviously my first time with FS2crew, so please be understanding. I have started going through the procedures at the gate, and a few things puzelled me. first i thought that after installing the service updates that would chage the regional diolects. At present i have an American pilot, and crew, although i do have an English ground handler. Also, the Departure brief, includes the SID> These seem to correspond to pre loaded SIDS at a small amount of locations. Not where i was flying from. Gatwick. How does one also assume the V1 Vr speeds without having online the FMC? Sorry thats a lot lolDavid

Hi David,You'll need to setup the FMC before entering those V Speeds so you can get the V speed info. Please consult the Tutorial.Regional dialects are automatic for the ground crew; the crew voices are American though. The crew voices do not change. There is no Brit voice set for the pilots.SIDs: If you take a look at the Audio Briefing Codes manual you'll see what numbers correspond to what briefs.There is no pre-recorded brief for Gatwick; there are, however, briefs for Manchester and London. It's just not possible to record briefs for every airport in the world due to file space limitations.In that case you can always use a "Generic" brief.HOpe that helps,Bryan

Guest RoSPA_David

Hi Bryan, regarding the FMC, i am unable to setup the FMC as without power, the fmc is not online. re the sids, does that mean that this function can be missed, as its not that accurate ? David

Hi David,Pls take another look at the tutorial flight: all is described there.You need to turn on the Battery and bring the APU on-line, then the FMC will work.Regarding the briefs: You do not need to use them; failure to use them will not adversly affect the simulation. I'd just use the Generic ones if your airport does not have its own brief; they sound better than nothing.Cheers,Bryan

Guest RoSPA_David

Thanks for your help Bryan, it`s been most helpful. Regarding the tutorials i had an cursory glance and thought that they only corresponded to specific airports. My fault there. David