Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kabbemann

I have a problem with the engine start up PLEASE help me!

Guest Kabbemann

Hi there!I have a HUGE problem, when im pushed back and ready for engine start up the engines wont start. It says Low Oil Pressure. I dont know how to fix it. A button a procedure or something, please help me! /Kabbe

Hello Kabbe,Did you follow the tutorial exactly to the letter?Is the APU on?Is the APU bleed on?When you command the FO to start engine 1 or 2, is he moving the start switches like he should?Are you moving the fuel switches to idle at 20 percent N2?Hope that offers a clue.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Kabbemann

The APU is on the APU bleed is on, The fuelswitches to idle i dont know, i dont think the engines goes up to 20percent if its that you mean. But i will make it a try =)THANKS /Jacob

Guest Kabbemann

N1 stays on 4.0N2 stays on 24.00EGT stays on 0Fuel flow stays on 0.15Oilpressure LOW not risingOil quantity 100%Hyd. power 100%What is it to be set on idle the fuelpumps only have on/off??Please help me! / Jacob/Kabbe

Hello Jacob,Yes, make sure the fuel pumps are on.When N2 hits about 20%, open the throttle pedestal and move the fuel levers to idle. The location of the fuel levers is documented in the PMDG manuals.I think that's what you're missing.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Kabbemann

Hello again!After I sent the last reply I tried again and got them running I made a flight but I couldnt switch to the approach briefing checklist... :SAnd the second problem wich is a HUGE problem is that i couldnt stear the stabilizer only the rudder and aileron so i landed ILS on trim and engines and a pretty big luck LOL :D....Whats the problemo now? =)Thanks! /Jacob

Hello Jacob,You probably didn't brief for the depature properly or hit the right buttons during takeoff, which is why you couldn't get past the takeoff page.I suggest doing a search in this forum using the term 'takeoff'. You'll find many threads that include precise instructions of what needs to be done.Cheers,Bryan