Sign in to follow this  
Guest DieterA

Pressing L on the CPAL

Guest DieterA

Hello,I have the FS2Crew: 737 Special Edition CD installed along with all the PMDG patches/updates. Everything works great other than the following. If I close any of the 737 FS2Crew menus by clicking on it

Guest DieterA

Hi Bryan,Have you had a chance to look into the L issue? No rush... just wondering...About the Level D 767, can you tell me if that plane is similar in setup/use to the PMDG 737 or 747? Just wondering about how much time I'll need to spend to learn both the 767 and the new FS2Crew 767 products once it's released...Thanks,Dieter

Hello Dieter,I tried to reproduce the L issue, but couldn't.Pls see this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=2047&mode=fullPerhaps it might be of some assistance.My only other thought is that you're not closing the panels by clicking on their Page Titles. You need to do that for the L button to do its job.For the 767 version, it's very different from the PMDG 737; the PMDG 737 was 1st generation FS2Crew, the 767 is more like 3rd generation.Pls see the new Level-D sub-forum in the FS2Crew main forum.Cheers,Bryan

Guest DieterA

Hi Bryan,I saw that post earlier but I don't think it applies to my situation because I don't have a 2nd monitor or Active Sky or Dawson's utility mentioned. The weird thing is that it only happens with the 800/900 planes and not with the 600/700 and my FS2Crew version is the CD version with all the updates. Everything else works fine including the FA menus, etc. I also don't have any custom panels other than the default ones modified during the FS2Crew install.Oh well, I guess I'm the only one with this issue so it must have something to do with my configuration... I can live with it.Thank you for your help,Dieter

Dieter,To confirm, you didn't install the CD version, and then download and install the udpates from the FS2Crew download page?The updates from the FS2Crew downloads page are not for CD owners, and should not be installed by CD owners.If by chance you did install the updates from the website, re-install FS2Crew from your CD.Cheers,Bryan

Guest DieterA

Correct. I installed the PMDG products, PMDG updates and then the FS2Crew from the CD version. I may try a new install to see if it helps. But before I do, do I have to restore the original PMDG panels back in before I run the new install? I think I read something about that somewhere...Thanks,Dieter

You do not need to uninstall FS2Crew or restore the original PMDG panel.cfg.Just run the CD and install the 800/900 version again from the CD.That's it.There are updates available on the FS2Crew website; my thought was perhaps you tried installing them. That could cause the L issue if you're running the CD version.Cheers,Bryan

Guest DieterA

Ok Bryan, I ran the install for the "800/900 owners" last night over the existing version and the problem did not go away... Note that I did not uninstall anything prior to the new install.Can you think of any other suggestions I should try? Must I install the version for the default 737? (I don't believe I ever installed it).Thanks,Dieter

Hello Dieter,You don't need to install the default 737 version; that won't make a difference.As mentioned I can't reproduce this I'm afraid, and I'm running the same code you are.So long as you're closing the individual panels by left clicking on the Page Title, it should work. My other other suggestion is to make sure you're loading the Cessna prior to loading the PMDG 737. But you're probably doing that. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.Cheers,Bryan

Guest DieterA

Ok, thanks.FYI, I'm running everything by the book... i.e loading the Cessna, power off, loading the 737, closing the menus with left click on titles, etc. The weird thing is I had the exact same problem on my old computer. Ok on the 600/700 model but not on 800/900.Oh well... Thank you for your help.I'll let you get back to work on the 767 :)Dieter

Guest DieterA

I'm pretty sure this is a user specific issue. I was just hoping that this new finding would trigger some other idea...Take care,Dieter