Sign in to follow this  
grajay

Crew Briefing Codes

Before I go and muck things up - is it possible to add more crew briefings? If I recorded another SID and called it SID19.wav - could I call it up OK?I'm in the process of recording myself as Captain and really want to do a whole mess of SIDs and STARS for UK airports.Thanks.

Hello,Yes, you can record over any of the existing .wav files using your own voice.You can also record over the existing SID/STAR/IAP briefs to focus on UK airports.Let me know when you're finished the UK voice set. Perhaps you'd like to share it?Best regards,Bryan

Thanks Bryan - I'll send them to you initially for your thoughts.I was also hoping to add to the existing database and wondered if that would work too - ie continuing with the numerical sequencing already in place?

Ok - thanks Bryan - not the most elegant of solutions but I'll figure a way to work around it.

Just starting on the SIDs today and already I can see that I shall run out of space which is a pain. For example - just one SID out of EGLL would need 4 places/entries in the database and there are only 18 available. I guess I can get round it by swapping the files around, but a real pain nonetheless. It would be a great help perhaps for a future update to increase the available slots in the database. Is the same kind of restriction to apply to the Level-D 767? Presumably these being common files the same ones would be used.

Hi,Same general system for the 767, except that you can see the name of the brief (albeit abbreviated) in a display rather than just a number.I'll see about increasing the slots in the 767 version. Wouldn't be hard to do.How many do you need?Bryan

Thanks BryanDifficult to say how many really but I guess we're thinking of 30+.I fly out of EGLL with BAV, and their destinations involve the use of a minimun of 3 SID's which means 12 slots in the d/b and I've not even looked at the SID's for the 6 continental airports - but they would require a minimum of another 12 which pretty much uses up the 30 bearing in mind the need to retain the generics.Much appreciate your willingness to increase the size of the d/b. Will probably need a similar arrangement on the STARs and IAPs.Best wishesGraham