Sign in to follow this  

Halfschadows from aircraft in FS2002

Hi,I've seen on many screenshots that aircraft shadow is actually a "halfshadow" - you can see a runway under the shadow.On my system the shadows are totaly black and hide the runway completely.I have a Radeon 8500 Videocard and all settings in FS are "High"/"On".Any ideas?

Sound like you are in 16bit color mode, increase your FS display setting to 32bit color and the shadows should become transparent.

Hi there, Valkyrie.You seem as though you know alot about FS2002 displays. Perhaps you can help me out, too.I have Anti-alias level (max.) & set to full-screen mode (on Graphics card adaptor from Desktop Display menus), no anistropic filtering or anything like that. Also, I have Anti-alias enabled in FS2002, as well (with every detail option maxed out to the fullest @ 1024x768/32-bit (same as Desktop Display options).Anyway... whenever I switch from 2d to Virtual cockpit, etc., the anti-alias has no effect; I see the annoying "jaggies". However, if I click Alt+Tab, and switch to window mode then back to Full-screen mode, it refreshes the anti-alias, but I have to do it every time I switch screens (just to get rid of the "jaggies"). It's no big deal, but its a pain in the rear.I never had to do that when I first got FS2002, but I had changed video drivers & versions (8.1b) of DirectX. I am not certain if that is what was the cause of my problems. Funny thing is though, I had my hard drive re-formatted (or so they say they re-formatted it), and Windows98 2nd. Edition (same as before problems) re-installed.I am so freakin' paranoid to install CFS3 (got it for Christmas), since I have heard alot of horror stories about it; not just the update pathc issue, but that it requires DX 9 (as mentioned in an article I had read*.* http://microsoftgamesinsider.com/CFSInsider/default.htmAnyhow, I am afraid to installl anything (drivers, etc.) that messes with FS2002; it's is not worth it -- not to me, anyway. That's my "Pride & Joy" :)Sorry for the drawn-out comments, instead of a simple question... but you probably have a good understanding of my situation.Thanks in advance,Stanley