Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blacky

Start up Problem

Guest Blacky

After studying the manual and checklist, no matter what I do I can't get the panel gauges to work. Maybe I'm an idiot, but what switches and in what order do I have to turn on to get the instruments to light up????:-hmmm

I'm sorry, but you will need to be more precise.By 'light up' do you mean you can't see the gauges at night?Please print out the Tutorial flight manual which takes you from SFO to LAX.Read it several times, and then follow the tutorial flight step by step and exactly to the letter.Go slow at first.Cheers,Bryan

Guest RoSPA_David

Blacky, if you mean that you cant get the system to start, thus allowing the FS Crew to do it's share, then you must hit the following switches. OK, from the top, Battery Switch : ONDC Meter Switch : BATStandby Power : ONElec Hydrolic Pumps Switch : OFFX Feed : OPEN Fuel Pumps : ONOK, you can now switch the APU to START. Then Switch on the APU Generators. The dial will rise. After aprox 30 seconds it will fall and the APU GEN OFF BUS light will illuminate. Re-press the APU Gen switches again and hey presto Power! The Gen Off Bus lights above GEN 1&2 will remain luminated, for the time being. Ok, now you have power, set exterior lights, and config the Air conditioning system. APU Bleed : ON Engine Bleeds : OFFLeft and right PAX : AUTOIsolation valve : AUTOFs crew will do the flows and checks from here. One thing to bare in mind however, as excellent as a proggy that FSCrew is, you are still required to know how to fly the aircraft without the FO. I aggree with Bryan regaring the tutorial flight. You must do this slowly too. If you miss a section within FSCrew, ie a flow then the programe will not function correctly.To help me remember the vast amounts, i purchased a small, A5 folder and printed out the flows and check lists. Just an idea. :)Hope this helps. David