Sign in to follow this  
djgodden

Disappointed...

I just uninstalled FS2Crew for PMDG 700/800. Disappointed would be an understatement. After one impressive flight from SFO to LAX I thought it was great, it was a nice enhancement to realism for me. However, it turned out to be a touchy and bafflingly tempermental bit of software.1. You cannot simply load a saved flight with all the saved configurations and/or location. For those of you that like to fly to an airport, debark passengers, shutdown the aircraft and then save the configuration... don't bother. You can't restart saved flights. Every flight has to be created from scratch with the Cessna. If you don't, FS2Crew is likely to crash FS9.2. Even if you do run the tutorial, as the manual directs. Saved flights will not start and will... again, crash FS9.3. Even if FS2Crew runs once and impresses the heck out of you (as it did me) future flights, whether saved or not, may be simple crashes to desktop with an error around the crew32.gau file. Reinstall of FS2Crew didn't have any effect on the crashes. Only deleting FS9 and having to reinstal FS9, PMDG-TNG, PMDG 800/900, PMDG 747, and PMDG 747F solved the problem. I assume this is a problem in the VC. FS2Crew ran once for me and there after... crashed FS9. 4. Oh, and finally... uninstalling it isn't easy either. While the install is nicely automated, to uninstall you have to manually retrieve and move files to get FS9 back to it's "pre-FS2Crew" cockpit. The manual tells you all about replacing the 800 files. But says nothing about the 700 files and neglects to tell you exactly where to place those files you're moving. Since there are four different aircraft folders for the 700 and 800 you're left to figure it out yourself.FS2Crew is a really nice idea that's poorly executed. I hope that future updates fix these annoying problems.Best of luck,Joel

Hi Joel,I'm happy to hear it impressed you on the first flight, however, I'm sorry to hear you had troubles on the later flights.The saved start file situation is well documented in the manual and the forum. It's a limitation of 737 Edition that does not exist in later editions, like the 767 Edition. Please send me an email and I'll give you one-on-support.Uninstalling FS9 was unnecessary.All the best,Bryan