Sign in to follow this  

PIC Airbus available for download!

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Dave,How to configure your joystick- Open the A320PIC.cfg file located in your FS2002 folder (C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002A320PIC.cfg for instance) with any text editor (Notepad for instance).- Open the controller configuration dialog box: - For Windows XP, Go to Start->Control Panel->Gaming Options - For other Windows versions, Start->Settings->Control Panel->Gaming Options- Select your primary controller and press "Properties".- There you see every axis available with your controller.- In A320PIC.cfg, go to the end of the file and look for the string "Rudder_Axis=". It should read "JOYSTICK_1_AXIS_RX". This means that the axis named "RX" of your primary controller (JOYSTICK_1) is assigned to the rudder. If you don't have rudder movement in FS, this is because your controller does not have any RX axis. So let's move on.- Go back to the controller dialog box and move your rudder controller. Note the name under the slider that just moved. Sometimes the name might be partly visible (my RX axis says "X Ro..", my SLIDER_1 says "Slid..").- Now that you have an axis name, replace the one in the cfg using the following table: Name in Controller Properties Name in A320PIC.cfg X Axis (or X Ax..) AXIS_X Y Axis (or Y Ax..) AXIS_Y Z Axis (or Z Ax..) AXIS_Z X Rotation (or X Ro..) AXIS_RX Y Rotation (or Y Ro..) AXIS_RY Z Rotation (or Z Ro..) AXIS_RZ Slider 1 (or Slid..) SLIDER_1 Slider 2 (or Slid.. if you see two sliders) SLIDER_2 - You can use the same procedure for every axis in A320PIC.cfg.- Note that in A320PIC.cfg JOYSTICK_1 refers to your PRIMARY controller, JOYSTICK_2, your SECONDARY, etc... Be sure to modify this in A320PIC.cfg as needed. A320 PIC can handle up to 4 controllers, JOYSTICK_1 through JOYSTICK_4.I guess it will not be too complicated for you to modify the settings. Anyway we will program a fix in A320 PIC which will automatically detect available joystick axis using the devices.cfg file in FS2002.The explanation for it is as follow.All this joystick management was the only way to correctly simulate fly-by-wire. We have to get direct access to the stick before FS does so we can process the input as the real aircraft does, and then send orders to control surfaces. That is why you have to disable the joystick in Options->Controls->Disable joystick.Hope this help (temporarily)Best regards,Serge BAYEwww.anticyclone.be

Guest brewmaster

Well, after being burned by Airport 2k2 I wouldnt touch this with a stick. Already beginning to sound like it is yet another piece of beta grabage by Wilco. Lets hope they actually offer tech support for this one unlike airport 2k2. Sorry for the negativity, I am just fed up with these guys!Brew

Guest Sabadin

Well, after a few minutes getting the controls working properly with the fly-by-wire system the plane flies like a dream. It flies exactly like I would expect for fly-wire. Now I just need to figure out which part of my system is slowing it down to about 8 fps. Already tried turning everything off and putting all sliders left. On the plus side I can crank up all the goodies with no noticeable fps hit ;)Athlon XP1700+VIA kt266a512MB PC2100128MB Radeon 8500LEWindows 98

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Andrew,8 fps seems to be low. What are your specs ?- Is the gauge quality set to lower ? (we have 1024*1024 resolution in the panel.cfg)- did you tried to unlock the target frame rate to unlimited ?- did you disabled the reflectionsWaiting for your feedbackBest regards,Serge,

Well this bird has been on the market now for 7.5 hours and a visit to the screenshot forum yeilds no screenshots as of yet....IMO not a very good sign considering how for example Dreamfleets Cardinal had screenshots within the first hour of its release.It was finally nice that they released it today 5 months past the original release date.Well see, however Im saving my $$$.

Guest HansGroenewold

Greetings,Count me among the unsatisfied so far. I have a pretty decent system: Pentium 4, 2.4 GHZ, 768MB DDR SDRAM, Leadtek TI4600 video card, Turtle Beach sound card and I get a whopping 6-9 FPS in the spot view on the ground? What are these parameters I hear about adjusting to improve frame rates? I'd love to know, as it is now, the product is unusable. Thanks for any help.Sincerely,Hans

Serge,I will definitely give you guys kudos for great support! THank you for you timely replies. These directions don't seem to work for me though. First, I use XP but don't have "gaming options" as a choice. I have "game controllers" but the properties menu doesn't give me any information on the axis. I'm glad to hear you will be working on something to facilitate the setup though.David

In other words, you have to turn off EVERYTHING in order to get anything approaching acceptable performance from the aircraft?

Guest Anticyclone

Goede avond Jeroen,Gauge quality to lower, reflections OFF does not mean you have to set ALL slides to the left. Everybody knows these two settings are fps eater.Met vriendelijke groeten,Serge,

Boy this is exactly what I expect from this product. I think there is going to be big problems with PIC. Everyone seems so stoked about clickable VC's. It will be nothing but trouble in this version of FS. I am saving my money for the good old 2d panel add ons.Andrew

I will definatly not be downloading this one. I have the PSS A319,320, & 321. And so far I cannot find anything that will match it. I can't see what PIC A320 has that PSS doesn't.... Plus PSS is great on frame rates and realism....

Yikes! I have a system similair to the above. 6-9 fps is not acceptable, and turning down detail is not either. All my other planes are fine with this. Plus if I have to fuss with my controller setup count me out.I realize this is a few early perceptions, but it's enough to make me wait until more people review the product.I wanted a new Airbus too...... :(

VC quality has only 2 settings: min and max.At min VCs are completely useless on my machine, just a blurred mass of colours.I also notice hardly any change in performance in most aircraft with them on or off.Reflections don't seem to have a big effect on performance either on my machine (except water reflections, which I have turned off).In fact, nothing on my machine makes more difference in performance than the mesh complexity slider (which is good because it has hardly any impact on the visuals at all if you turn it down almost all the way).What I meant was that there are so many packages now that say "oh, if you want decent performance turn XXX down" that you'll soon be flying with everything turned to nothing because only then can you use them all together...

>doesn't.... Plus PSS is great on frame rates and >realism.... I am not trying to put down any Airbus product - I don't care for any big jet simulation at this point. But when we talk about Airbus realism I talked to a real Airbus pilot, also an avid simmer - his comment about the PSS product was that it does not fly as real Airbus does, there is too much 'Boeing' in it. Obviously I have no clue if Wilco's version is any better.Michael J.

Guest Thomas K

Michal, what the Airbus pilot told you about the PSS A320 is correct, but surprisingly, it is still the best Airbus out there at this time. Wilco's product has got a lot of potential, but they need to make an effort to fix up all the bugs. As of now, I still cannot say that A320PIC is "better" than the PSS A320 despite A320 PIC having a far more complex panel because things in the panel are not performing as they should.