Sign in to follow this  
aikichris

FS2 Crew default 737

Hope someone can help.I just downloaded the 737 default FS2 Crew programme, and everything seems to be working well - but the inputed text which is in the pop up windows is really faint.By that I mean the values which you enter like the FL and v speeds etc - any suggestions?Cheers!

Hi Chris,Are you running a laptop? If so, please do a search in this forum and look in the troubleshooting thread. There is an explanation there with a suggestion on what to do.If not, try setting your resulation to 1024 by 768 as an experiment and see what happens.All the best,Bryan

Hi Bryan.Thanks for the suggestions.I am not using a laptop, but a desktop PC.I have tried re-setting the screen resolution, with no obvious results.I think that FS 2004 changes the resolution when loaded anyway?The entered values in the windows are still so faint, that I can barely make them out - although sometimes they seem a little clearer.Do you think that I should reinstall the programme?Any suggestions would be gratefully received!In any case - I think that FS2 crew is a fantastic idea - I already have the 172 lite version, but the 737 is obviously a different ball game!I have the PMDG 737 NG 600/700, but am trying to get to grips with just operating it before taking the plung to the FS2 crew add on!Thanks again for your help.

Chris,This is from the FAQs.Any help?9. Question: The fonts on the FS2Crew pages are messed up.Answer (direct from a user):"Bryan, thanks for your response; thanks to your email, I think I have my problem solved. Back when I purchased my LCD monitor, I installed a standalone program named ClearType Tuning. It is now on Micro$oft's website and tuning is done online. Anyway, it lets you tune cleartype. I had not remembered this program until I received your email. I fired up the ClearType Tuning program and this time I went to the Advanced tab instead of using the wizard. I already had Enable Font Smoothing selected; did not change it. Under the LCD Screen Striping area I had checked RGB. I changed that to enable BGR instead (I haven't checked to see if that makes a difference yet). I really think the difference was made in the ClearType Contrast Setting area. I moved the slider more toward the Darker indicator. I started up M$FS2K4 and opened one of the PMDG 737-900 aircraft, then started FS2Crew. Guess what? The fonts are clear as can be! I then went back into ClearType Turning program and changed it back to my original settings; trying to recreate my problem. It did just that...unreadable again. My problem is solved. Thanks for your email and this outstanding program."

Hi Bryan.Thanks for the quick response.....I had read all the FAQs including the one you posted, but I presumed that as I didn't have any such clear type add on programmes that it probably didn't apply to my problem.I have to admit that I was wrong!!I went to the microsoft website, and did the online tuning, and I can now read the values in the windows.Thanks!!Having said that, they are still (by comparison to the general text on screen) not too bold to the eye.Perhaps this could be looked into.Anyway - thanks again for your help - I can now get to grips with my 737 FS2 crew - it is a fantastic product.Best wishes.

Hi Chris,I know what you're referring to. If you look at various screen shots with the 737 edition available on the internet you'll note that the text in some appear very clear, but in other it's no so clear. I suspect this may be associated with the font type I used in the 737 edition as it does not seem to happen with the later editions of FS2Crew.Again, try using a resolution of 1024 by 768 and see what that does. When I run in that resolution the text looks very sharp.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan.Thanks for your reply.I can now see the figures thanks to the online clear type tuning through the Microsft website.I can't say that the resolution seems to make much difference on my PC.The main thing is that I can now use the programme - which is great!Thanks again for all your help.Best wishes,