Sign in to follow this  
Guest dubstar1214

Never been able to run FS2Crew stable

Guest dubstar1214

Hi Bryan,so I purchased your interesting product yesterday and tried to get it working today. So far I haven't been able to complete a single flight, unfortunately. What I commonly observe are huge memory leaks sucking all available mem/space until FS9 crashs. I've never had that before with my FS installation. I'm flying the PMDG 737-800/900 since about 6 months with no problems really.After reading the post with people reporting about observing memory leaks and serious stutters with f2crew (topic #233 here) I became anxious and tried my best to run it in an environment I'm willed to accept (this means AI traffic set to 0% and AS v6.5 turned off). I have stuied the manual and adjusted the settings with the PMDG keystrokes. First try: tutorial flight. Everything works fine until 1 minute after take off: popup box telling FS9 has to shutdown due to no more memory available. Second try: tutorial flight. Everything works fine until TOD. I get a popup from Win XP telling that there is no virtual memory left and that I need to make more available. I move some 1.8gb to another HDD to ensure that there is enough space for the pagefile. What happens is a hard crash, with the computer shutting down entirely and rebooting (!!!).My setup: AMD Athlon 3700+, XP SP2, GeForce 7600GS, FS9.1, PMDG Aerosoft Boxed 737-800/900, SB Audigy, KSFO by FlyTampaI want to stress that I have only observed memory leaks before when I was flying into a crowded region with about 550 active AI aircraft initializing. However, as said, I've tried both flights with 0 AI.I hope we can manage getting the programme running as from what I could experience so far I really would like it to be a permanent partner of my flying :) Thanks,Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,1. Please turn off any memory managers.2. Did you apply the update that helps improve memory usage?3. Instead of flying from SFO to LAX as per the tutorial flight, pick two different airports that you've used before. You could also have a scenery issue, as they've been known to suck memory under certain circumstances. Flying in a known area will rule that out.Cheers,Bryan

Guest dubstar1214

Hi Bryan,thanks for the reminder regarding the Update - on purchase yesterday I thought the update would be implemented in the installer file. By verifying the gauge file I figured that it seems that it's not yet bundled within - so I overwrote the gauge with the new from the update - and indeed, that did the trick! I just completed the tutorial flight with no issues at all, a very smooth flight. Thanks a lot for the (super)fast support and for a great tool that will bring many hours of enjoyment. I just need to figure how I flow it in between FSPassengers and AES. Hope there will be no coexistance issues. Thanks again!Sebastian

Hello Sabastian,Glad you got it all resolved.The 737 version is almost three years old, and it was my first release ever.The newer ones are even better as we re-build each version from scratch and learn from prior experience.FSPassengers: Just make sure you disable FSPax's ability to handle doors and disable it's co-pilot sounds.AES: I'm not sure as I don't use it.Cheers,Bryan