Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

Separate FS2Crew Environments

Hi All,I have the PMDG737NG-600/700 version of FS2Crew, and have a normal install that is working just fine. I recently decided to remove FS2Crew from the 737-600 setup, while keeping it in my 737-700 setup, which is my most-often used setup. Seemed pretty simple by merely putting the original files from the backup back in.I restored the panels backup to the 737-600 panels folder, and went o test this new setup. What I found is that the new -600 2D panel environment seems to be missing sections, such as the front view, and pieces of the panel setup. I thought this would be a relatively easy switch, but it seems I am missing something, or that I am going to have some problems down the road if I should ever uninstall FS2Crew.Might anyone have any ideas as to what I may have missed, or if this is even possible. I have reset my panel.cfg's, so all is back to working fine, but this is a setup I'd like to explore further.Thanks,orbmis

Hi Orbmis,I do not currently have the PMDG 737 installed so I can't check for you.Do the PMDG 600 and 700 reference the same panel.cfg file?I recall they do.What you could try is this (no guarantees it'll work).1. Re-install the PMDG 737.2. Apply all the latest PMDG updates for the 737. That is critically important.3. Make a backup of the original PMDG panel.cfg file(s) for the 737.4. Re-install FS2Crew.5. Go into the Panels folder for the 600 model, and overwrite the pre-existing panel.cfg located there (which is probably just a simple alias to the 700's panel.cfg), with the PMDG panel.cfg you made a backup of.Try it. See what happens. You should have an original PMDG 737 600 model with no FS2Crew and a 700 model with FS2Crew.If it gets all messed up, you can just re-install the PMDG 737 again.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Normally the 600 contains the alias, pointing to the 700.While I thought your proposed solution was a lil over the top, I decided to re-install the PMDG on an old PC I had laying around. After installinf the PMDG, I merely took the detail panel.cfg from the 700, and copied it to a USB memory stick. Then I took the srtick over to my mainline PC here, and copied to panel.cfg overthe 600's panel file. And...ouila!!! If I choose to spend some FS2Crew time, I use my trusty 700. If I'm just in the mood to fly around w/o any crewing, I just use my 600. Works like a charm!!Thanks for the help and your thoughts,,,much appreciated.orbmisPS -- You really should go back and re-install the PMDG 737,,,quite a nice a/c!