Sign in to follow this  
Jay Perry

No numbers

Hi, I just recently installed FS2Crew, the PMDG 737-800/900 edition. I loaded a flight, and there were no numbers in the windows. On the config page, there were the time and dep time, and other things, but I could not change the numbers, b/c I could not read them. They were broken up, any ideas?Thanks

Hi, This is from the FAQs.Does it help?"9. Question: The fonts on the FS2Crew pages are messed up.Answer (direct from a user):"Bryan, thanks for your response; thanks to your email, I think I have my problem solved. Back when I purchased my LCD monitor, I installed a standalone program named ClearType Tuning. It is now on Micro$oft's website and tuning is done online. Anyway, it lets you tune cleartype. I had not remembered this program until I received your email. I fired up the ClearType Tuning program and this time I went to the Advanced tab instead of using the wizard. I already had Enable Font Smoothing selected; did not change it. Under the LCD Screen Striping area I had checked RGB. I changed that to enable BGR instead (I haven't checked to see if that makes a difference yet). I really think the difference was made in the ClearType Contrast Setting area. I moved the slider more toward the Darker indicator. I started up M$FS2K4 and opened one of the PMDG 737-900 aircraft, then started FS2Crew. Guess what? The fonts are clear as can be! I then went back into ClearType Turning program and changed it back to my original settings; trying to recreate my problem. It did just that...unreadable again. My problem is solved. Thanks for your email and this outstanding program."

No, I don't have that installed on my computer. The font is readable, just not the numbers. I'll post a screenshot later.

I'm am running FS in 1024 X 768, and my vid card is the generic that comes with the computer. Also, I would like to add that I had this on XP, and ran it fine, then my comp crashed, got more RAM and installed Vista, and now I have this problem...Hope this helps.

If it worked fine in XP for you on the same computer, the issue is probably Vista related.Difficult to say, but is it possible to change your video drivers?If I had to put money on it, I'd say it was a driver issue with Vista.Bryan

Well, there are no Vista updates for my card :(So, is the only way to buy a newer graphics card? I was looking to update anyway.

Probably.If you're running a generic card, it's probably a cheap one.If you want to game/flightsim you're going to want a good quality video card regardless.I'd get a good quality, mainstream video card.The hardware forum here at Avsim has plenty of discussion on which cards are best.Cheers,Bryan