Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Anybody tried 172Lite ?

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Just downloaded it. I fly GA almost exclusively and rotate among the Flight1 172, a Commander 115TC (FSD), and Dreamfleet's A36. Did a little poking around but not a real flight yet. Like what I see so far, but Ill poast some feedback for you in a couple of days.

Guest PhilC

It's OK. I do wish that the conversations were a little more generically real instead of the tired jokes and comments. Something like:man passenger - "Look at that over there, isn't it beautiful?"girl passenger - " Absolutely amazing!"or something like that. It would also be nice if the conversations were more or less random or based upon flight events and did not have to be initiated by the pilot all the time.After a couple of flights the same conversations over and over get rather boring.I haven't had the time to explore any further than that but this is my first impressions.Any chance that any add-on packs (free hopefully) will be released to give us more variance?

Hello Phil,I'll look into adding more "casual chit-chat" conversations.The problem is that I could add 100 more and sooner or later people would get bored of hearing them, too. That's why playing briefs and conversations are optional. All addons/upgrades for the 172 version will be free.After you'd had some more time to fly with the 172 version, let me know if there is anything you want added to the upgrade.Other than more conversations, I think I've got all the bases covered with what you can do in a 172, but maybe other people will have some ideas.Cheers,Bryan

Guest PhilC

Thanks Bryan.Yes, I know that the conversations will always get boring eventually. I particularly like the checklist readouts. Got a comment from the back seat on a hard landing recently too. That was pretty cool and surprised me. :) There are still a few features I haven't tried yet like the FBO calling or anything IFR related.In any case, I was not trying to sound negative. The product did make my first couple of flights interesting and fun. I still have a little exploring to do.

Thanks Phil,Here's another one for you to try:Do a really steep turn (>45 degrees bank.)Also, go into a steep nose down attitude and you can scare your passengers, too.Also, check your ELT after landing on 121.5. You may have accidently set it off and you'll hear the 'whoop' 'whoop' sound.You can reset your ELT by clicking the Mode Bar.Cheers,Bryan

Just got it as well and I agree with Phil - but I still like it as it adds some much needed ambiance to the flight.More randomly and event-triggered conversations would be fun. They don't have to be incredibly frequent (because then they'd get boring quickly) - for example some flightseeing-related comments like if you make an extended shallow turn they'll comment on the view or something. Some more interaction with the passengers during flight would be nice as well, like for example a short comment when you reach cruising altitude, begin the descend as well as pax briefs on things like turbulence, thunderstorms etc., as would random stupid questions and comments :)As you say, only so much can be done in a real 172 so the ability to talk to the passengers are a nice complement to fight the inevitable boredom that at least I experience on flights lasting more than an hour.Also I experienced a slight bug on one of my flights. The checklists "froze" during the runup checklist - it just wouldn't jump to the next item when I pressed the button. After hitting the clickspots and pressing the buttons it eventually carried on, but now a dozen or more items were read at the same time and it had switched to the before take off checks. I'll let you know if I experience it again.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hello Jimmi,Thanks for the report. See if you can reproduce the frozen checklist. A lot of people are using the new 172 version of FS2Crew (I thought the PMDG 747 would kill my sales) but I was pleasantly surprised by the volume.No one else has reported frozen checklists, so let's just hope it was a weird gremlin or something.Question for you all:Do you really like conversations that play "automatically"?Again the trouble with automatic conversations or events is that they are fun for a while, but after a while they become tedious if you are "forced" to listen to them over and over again.I suppose I could just add an option to shut them off.Cheers,Bryan

I want them - but they should not be frequent at all - maybe once every 20-30 minutes or so. Also, an option to turn them off would be a must :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>I want them - but they should not be frequent at all - maybe>once every 20-30 minutes or so. Also, an option to turn them>off would be a must :)I second that !

Sebastien BELLUTEAU

Guest fokker70

I agree with the other users and the comments addressed above in the post. I do find it fun and it does add that little bit extra to flying the 172 around for some local VFR or short IFR work. I mainly bought it to 1. Support Bryan and his hardwork and 2. With the assumption that the ATR will work in a similar fashion and I wanted to get an understanding on the changes from the 737.It's a great little program and with the coupon for 737 users, it was a no brainer for me to support Bryan and his work.Jeff

Thanks for the support everyone!Given that 172s and 152s are very similar, I may release an update soon that allows the 172 version of FS2Crew to work with one of the 3rd party 152s.The little Cessna's can be your fun diversation for a while our mainline "hardcore" products like the ATR get finished up.Cheers,Bryan