Sign in to follow this  
Guest fleischerj

New gaugesound.dll crashing FS2004 on exit?

Guest fleischerj

Dear all,I just downloaded the new Fs2crewLite. I own already the PMDG 800 version and liked it a lot. I do not own the Flight1 Cessna, only the default version (yet with optimized flight dynamics by Alexander Metzger and Reality XP avionics). Now to the strange effect: Whenever I run FS2004 upon ending the software I get the crash message and FS2004 wants to "phone home". As this happens also when I use default planes and do not even touch any plane with Fs2crew I was puzzled.I checked wat was installed and found a "new" version of gaugesound.dll from the EasyGauge producers. I replaced the versions in FS2004

Hello Jens,Thanks for the report. You're right, FS2CrewLite does install a new updated version the Gaugesound.dll in two locations:1. Your FS9 main folder; and,2. WindowsSystem32I can't comment specifically on your case until I get more reports. So far you're the first to experience or report this.I've never experienced this issue, and my beta team never reported it either, so we'll have to see if we can reproduce it.Did you manually hand edit your 172 panel.cfg to account for your Reality XP avionics?Pls email me at: admin@fs2crew.com Pls send me your panel.cfg.Thanks,Bryan

Guest fleischerj

Hello Brian,I already e-mailed you during the forum outage. Here again for the rest of the users:The crashing has stopped since I updated the drivers for my Soundblaster Audigy card. Didn't check for a long time for new drivers, as everything was working... Now FS2004 closes fine and doesn't want to send error reports home. Thanks again for your response.I like FS2CrewLite a lot, as it allows to make short hops in a "professional" environment. For me it is an ideal companion for GA flying.Regarding RealityXP avionics: I installed FS2CrewLite directly and lost my GNS530 window... But due to your panel configuration instructions in the download section I could configure it correctly within 5 minutes. Thanks a lot.Best RegardsJens Fleischer

I am having the crashing on exit of FS9 also, after installing FS2crewLite.I checked and I have the latest sound drivers SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3630 WHQL driver.MBD is ASUS P4C800-E deluxeany ideas?Jeff

Guest nube_flock

I have FS2004 FS91 crashing during create flight with gaugesound and Eaglesoft Developement All,Eugene Heyart DH3PZL.zip, and DH3NG.zip.It was fixed by adding======================oldmodules (with brackets [] "doesn#t show up on forum") FSSound.dll=1======================to fs9.cfg (or simular) inC:Documents and SettingsAdministratorApplication DataMicrosoftFS9

Hi,FS2Crew does not use the old FSSound.dll.Eaglesoft uses an old Gaugesound.dll that overwrote the new (FS2crew required) gaugesound.dll when you installed the Eaglesoft product.Some developers use installers that overwrite files without checking to see if the file they are overwriting has a higher version or not.Bryan