Sign in to follow this  
byork

Important Pre-Release Info for FS2CrewLite: Cessna 172...

Hello Captains,I am happy to announce that the Cessna 172 Edition of FS2Crew will be released very soon.This is the 3rd major release in the FS2Crew series, and is meant for simmers who want to add a new level of immersion, realism and fun to their GA flying.The 172 version was custom coded from scratch and everything is Cessna 172 specific and relevant to GA flying. It even features a new interface system that will be used in the upcoming ATR version.Basically what this version does is model the total "Weekend Warrior" experience with you in your rented 172 taking your friends out for a $100 hamburger.Pretty well everything you would do in the real-world of 172 flying is modeled, from checklists to the pre-flight passenger brief to calling your FBO and asking them to send over the fuel truck. That and a whole lot of other small extras are included.Important Info:1. The 172 Version works with the Default 172 and the Flight1 172.If you do not own the Flight1 172, you can still use this version of FS2Crew with the Default 172.2. Price: $16.95 USD. Size 21.5 MB.To reward our existing customers, FS2Crew 737 owners can receive an additional 20 percent off at the time of purchase (this is a limited time offer). This brings the price down to $13.50 USD.You'll be able to download a special coupon from Flight1 when the product is released via the FS2Crew website.Very Important Warning!!!!!!!!Some of the conversational dialogues between the pilot (that's you) and the passengers are of an "adult" nature and are not suitable for children or those who are easily offended. They're pretty tame and are quite funny in my opinion; however, I am stipulating that you must be over 18 to buy this version of FS2Crew.Other Remarks:It is best to think of the 172 version as being the "little brother" of the 737 version. I want to make that perfectly clear. There are no Flight Attendants, Monitored Approach Procedures, Pushback Teams, ICAO departure profiles, intricate panel scans and flows to memorize, etc.Compared to the 737 version, the 172 version is pretty simple and straight forward. That said, you can do pretty well everything you would do in a real 172, just don't expect a virtual FO to work the autopilot, etc, because there is no FO in a 172!This is good news for people who want a fun and realistic 172 experience but who do not want to spend 3 weeks reading manuals (which for many is the case with the 737 version).I expect the average user to be able to learn FS2Crew in two flights or less. You will still need to read the manual from start to finish though.The only real challenging part for users will be to memorize the location of the hidden click spots. But you should be able to memorize that in 10 minutes.All the best,Bryan YorkFS2Crew

>>>> I am stipulating that you must be over 18 to buy this version of FS2Crew.>>Does it include also pictures :-lol :-lol

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hey Bryan, thanks for the news on the upcoming 172 release. I will probably get it when it comes out. But I am really looking forward to the ATR release, and I guess I am a little disappointed that it is not the next version to be released. Not complaining, just hoping that the 172 version is not keeping you from finishing up the ATR version and that it will be released soon.Gary

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Guest bofficer

Ready and waiting. Hey Bryan. Why not skip the LD767 and go straight for PMDG's Queen?Brian O.:-outta

Guest mikealpha

>> Some of the conversational dialogues between the pilot (that's you) and the passengers are of an "adult" nature Ouch, I hope the ATR version is kept on a professional level and such stuff doesn't make it into the ATR. Or it will be at least configurable. IMO these kind of trash talk quickly gets old. Much earlier than SOPs :)Mike

Hi Mike,I wouldn't exactly call it trash talk! They're very mild and light hearted, but some people are easily offended so I thought I'd mention beforehand just in case some people are sensitive.There's no swearing or anything crude like that, but I can see 1 person in a 100 taking offense, so I thought I'd spare myself the nasty emails by giving such individuals the heads up.The 172 version simulates you taking up a couple friends for a fun ride, and the conversations are appropriate to that.You don't have to listen to them if you don't want to. They don't play automatically.Cheers,Bryan