Sign in to follow this  
byork

Announcing: FS2CrewLite: Flight1 C172 Edition

Hello all,While the remaining pieces come in for the ATR version, I'm happy to let you know that I've been secretly working on a new FS2Crew product line called "FS2CrewLite".The first release in the Lite series is custom made for Flight1's excellent Cessna 172. This package will also include a version of FS2Crew that works with the Default Cessna. (I suppose I should change the name to FS1Crew )Basically the FS2CrewLite series is meant for GA simmers who want that extra bit of ambiance to make their flights seem more real.The Lite series is also ideal for people who don't want to spend three weeks reading manuals...There is of course significantly more to the FS2Crew Cessna version than just checklists... In keeping with FS2Crew's tradition of modelling the whole flight, the entire Cessna "Weekend Warrior" experience is modeled from start to finish complete with passengers and all.The details are a secret right now. More will be released soon, when it's ready for release.The price will be extremely reasonable.Release date: Soon.Also watch for a new website... I've got another little surprise for you all...Bryan Yorkwww.fs2crew.com

Guest Moviedirector20

Oooo thats sly,I have the F1 172 and cant wait to see what you did!!Yay im first responder :)

This is great! I have both the PMDG version and the Default 737 version. I am anxiously awaiting the ATR version and now a version for when I'm wanting to take the C172 out as well!? This is great news indeed.ChuckC-130H Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAthlon XP 2800+ | ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR PC2700 | WD 120 gig HD | WD 80 gig HD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hello all,For the 172 version, if you have any special requests for it, now's the time to get them in.I think I've got all the bases covered since there is only so much you can do in 172, but I'd like to give the users a chance to chime in if they have any special requests they'd like to seem implimented.Best,Bryan

This GA version sounds great!As a request, how 'bout an instrument check on the ground?E.g. Turning left: "Mag Compass decreasing, DI decreasing, TC left turn, no topple on the AI..."

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

Fabulous!OK, what about a quick Mag check before engine shutdown? (Only kidding)

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets  logo.png

Hi,Checking for broken P-Leads during the Live Mag check (are they called P-leads? it's been so long since I've been in a 172 I can hardly remember) is already there.All the general technicalities associated with flying the 172 are already implimented. I've even included the option to do a basic IFR departure and arrival briefings for those of you brave or crazy enough to fly your little single in the clouds...I've implimented some other neat stuff, too.Bryan

Right, next you're gonna tell me there's also a "cross-country mode" with CLEAR checks every 15 min or whenver they are requested by the commander of the bug-smasher... :D

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets  logo.png

I very much like your wording: extremaly reasonable. LOLLooking forward to it.Dom

Hello all,Here's a beta shot of the 172 version of FS2Crew in action.In this shot, the weather turned really bad while enroute. I'm in mountainous terrain and the ceiling is coming down really fast, so I've got no other option but to do a precautionary landing while I still can.In this shot, I'm just starting to flare after executing a brilliant forward slip. I'm trying to make the road in front of me.Take a look at the FS2Crew Page in the Top Left hand corner. A lot of the innovations in the 172 version came directly from the ATR version, which is nearing completion.You can see that for the takeoff I briefed myself for a soft-field takeoff. My departure runway had large pools of water covering it so a soft-field takeoff was appopriate.Also note the FBO frequency and "20". In the 172 version of FS2Crew you can radio your local FBO (the Freq box is there so you can choose the frequency of you local airport's FBO). I needed some gas, so I hit "20" to ask them to send over the fuel truck and add 20 gallons. To radio the FBO, all you need to do is set COMM 2 to whatever frequency you entered in the FBO box, and then hit the left joystick button to make the call.The boxes are highlighted green once you select them so you don't accidently select them again.Note the Precautionary Landing Non-Normal Pax Brief: In the 172 version you have passengers in the back seat and I had to brief them for the Precautionary landing. Right now my virtual passengers are beyond terrified!!! I did not exercise very good judgement by getting them into this situation in the first place!!!Also note the Club Frequency... There you can enter the frequency for your local flying school or club. To talk to them you'll need to set COMM 2 and hit the left joystick button. In this case I told them I was going to be running a little late. That was when I still had radio contact with them. I'm now in the mountains and out of radio reception range... Hopefully an airliner overhead heard my Pan Pan call and was able to relay that on to an ATC unit.See the Mode Box on top? That tells you what Checklist mode you're in. Unlike the 737 versions of FS2Crew, in the ATR and 172 versions of FS2Crew you use joystick buttons to run the checklists.The checklist is 100 percent appropriate to a fuel-injected 172R and 172SP.There are some other hidden buttons on the panel that you can't see here that allow you to vocalize some IFR calls like Turn, Time, Throttle, Tune, Talk, taxi instrument checks, WxCAAP, etc. This stuff is all pretty good if you're going IFR.This version of FS2Crew really completes your 172 experience in a very big way!http://www.fs2crew.com/precautionary.jpgBryan

Wow Bryan you are a hard working person :D. Looks nice. I am sure it will be successful.

Hi Bryan,I have Flight1's 172 too but fly it with a modified panel (Reality-XP retrofits).Does these kind of modifications interfere with the way your product(s) operate?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11