Sign in to follow this  
byork

Announcing: FS2CrewLite: Flight1 C172 Edition

Couldn't resist, had to add one more thing to the 172 version!If you land too hard, you can now set off your ELT.This makes checking your ELT signal on 121.5 during the Securing Aircraft checklist all that much more important.You'll be able hear the ELT signal if you've accidently set it off if you set Comm Radio 2 to 121.5.Bryan

Guest deltatango

>Couldn't resist, had to add one more thing to the 172>version!>>If you land too hard, you can now set off your ELT.>>This makes checking your ELT signal on 121.5 during the>Securing Aircraft checklist all that much more important.>>You'll be able hear the ELT signal if you've accidently set it>off if you set Comm Radio 2 to 121.5.>>BryanNice touch. But If I landed THAT hard, I'd more worried about other things like how hard my butt was going to get kicked! What amount of G are those things set to go off at anyway? Surely not less then about 5G, which would have your wheels touching your wings (no mean feat on a high wing a/c)BTW Good job on the rest of the 172 version. I wandered how you were going to implement FS2crew on a single crew a/ccheers, DarrenRL C172 pilotBUMFIS©H!

Hello Darren,I think it takes around 5 to 6 G's to set off an ELT (assuming its working properly), but there's always a chance that if you land hard you can accidently set it off. FS2Crew just looks at your rate of descent when the wheels hit the ground, and uses that to determine if you set off your ELT. Even if you meet the right conditions, there is still only a random chance that you will hear the 'whoop-whoop' sound when you check 121.5.I did my instructor rating in a 172 a long time ago, and that's what we were taught. That's why we always checked 121.5 at the end of the flight.There is no co-pilot in the 172 version of FS2Crew (for obvious reasons); instead you have a couple passengers to talk to.All the checklists are "read and do".I mentioned in the manuals that if users find it unrealistic to read checklists and briefings aloud in a 172 that they can just pretend the audio they hear is the sound of what they would be thinking to themselves.Cheers,Bryan

Guest deltatango

> instead you have a couple passengers to talk to.LOL cool! Do the passengers #### and moan like RL?'I need to go to the toilet''I feel sick''What's that button for?''Are we there yet?''Are you sure this thing is safe?''My ears hurt''I think my waters just broke!'etc....Darren.

Hi Darren,You've got the general idea.If you make a really steep turn, they'll comment.If you make a hard landing, they'll comment.If you make a nice landing, they'll comment.If you pitch the nose down too much, you'll scare them.You can play many misc conversations at any time during the flight, as well as brief them (departure, arrival, forced landing, diversion, precautionary landing, etc).One thing I may add in a later update is the sound of the front seat pax grabbing the instrument panel and going "whoah" when you put the plane into a full foward slip without giving him any advance warning. Scares them everytime!-Bryan