Sign in to follow this  

FS Meteo: Hi Resolution Winds Aloft

Folks,does any one know what this feature is about? When I click this option the weather download freezes halfway through an causes FS Meteo to crash.Thx in advance!

Guest KenG

This feature, as described, makes the weather download take a lot longer, especially if you are on dialup. FSMeteo is probably not crashing. It's just taking a long time and makes Windows think it is not responding and therefore crashed. I've used this feature since it was introduced and never had a problem with it. Using a broadband connection helps though.As the name indicates, it gets more detailed winds aloft data providing a more realistic environment.

Thanks for the inputI also have a broadband connection (256k)-- how long would it typically take to download?. Also there is no network activity after about 60% of the download. After waiting 10 minutes when I hit ctrl-alt-del keys I get the message that FS Meteo is not reacting. I am still unclear about the extra winds aloft data that is being downloaded. Can you spell it out? How is it different from the wind speeds and direction being downloaded under the normal option (from 3000 feet to 53'000 feet.) Thx.